cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Treatment Of The Hearing Impaired

blockeddwarf

Appalling Treatment Of The Hearing Impaired

Call me a sensitive little snowflake but as a 50 year old male with a hearing impairment I resent being forced to get , say, my Aged Mother to ring Plusnet Customer Services on my behalf because the Live Chat is always off now and talking to Customer Disservice via twitter is hopeless and resembles communication with some deep space voyager with a 24 hour lag between radio messages. All I want is a call feature removed from my phone, after trying to remove it via my dashboard.

You'd think in this day and age...

..and you'd be wrong. 

Anyways after another email telling me to reply to the ticket via my dashboard despite my informing them that their website doesn't let me answer tickets (and YES I have cleared cache and tried a different browser-did you reply need 24 hours to advise me of that?) and then a further email telling me my ticket was 'being passed back to me' (ie dropped)  I decided , against my better judgement that I would just have to 'man up' and ring them. Thankfully I am not deaf, just hearing impaired and when the wind is in the right direction and the cosmic forces aligned I can sorta hear what someone is saying on the phone. Its difficult but as Customer Services are seemingly incapable of even just the simplest tasks and not wanting to hassle my mummy....

More fool me. Ended up with my ringing off because I was about to use language inappropriate for a gentleman.

2 REPLIES 2
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Appalling Treatment Of The Hearing Impaired

Hi @blockeddwarf  I am a Plusnet user like you and members on this forum try to help ,normally answers to tickets are normally replies in the help assistant  in your manage account page ,but Plusnet in their wisdom decided to hide the help assistant but if you can get to the help assistant via the link     https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search       , just sign in and you can view closed question or tickets for the last 5 or 30 days or within a date range  ,each question or ticket is given a number there is normally the ability to reply to question or add comments, Im sorry you are having an issue with your service but i feel Plusnet are trying to make it as hard as possible for their users to get answers to any querys

blockeddwarf

Re: Appalling Treatment Of The Hearing Impaired

@hooverman wrote:

but i feel Plusnet are trying to make it as hard as possible for their users to get answers to any querys

Yes that does indeed seem to be the case. As of this evening the Help Assistant finally lets me answer , so if I do stay with Plusnet (I try not to make such decisions in the heat of the moment) and my mental state will allow me to suffer Customer Disservice further then perhaps I will try again to get the call feature removed from my account.

To be fair I do understand it is incredibly difficult and insanely complex to remove a calling feature from a customer's account. No doubt it requires a Masters in computing and months of working through algorithms (not to mention ticking boxes on 'help' checklists)  I really shouldn't be so unreasonable and demanding. Mea Culpa.