cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service - Even worse, no acknowledgement of our complaint a week later

clarksonview

Appalling Service - Even worse, no acknowledgement of our complaint a week later

Hi,
I am making a complaint due to the extremely poor service we have received so far. I raised a complaint (ref 107041417) on the 8th July, "We aim to repond withing 24-48hrs", almost a week later, it's time to name and shame.
When the internet and phone line stopped working on 16th June 2015, we called and arranged an engineer to come to look at the line. We were told they didn't need access to the property. Then when I return home from work, I find a note through the letterbox saying they DID need access to the property. A new appointment was made, saying they did need access to the property. When we spoke to Plusnet again, they said the engineer DIDN'T need access to the property. For two of us who work full-time, myself 12 hour days, 6 days a week, you can see how confusing and frustrating this was?
The engineer was booked for 26th June 2015, and I made reasonable arrangements to take a day off work to be available for the engineer. Regarding our phone call to Plusnet on 26th June 2015, we stated that after 11 days without internet nor the phone line, the engineer did not turn up at all that day, when they were booked in to arrive between 1-6pm. The engineer did not contact either of the two numbers available, and when we called Plusnet earlier in the day, they could not get in contact with the engineer.
It was agreed you had arranged a phone engineer on 26th June between 1-6pm. You failed to deliver this booking, as the engineer didn't turn up, nor contacted either of the 2 phone numbers on file. It is unfortunate the engineer didn't turn up, as I'm aware they are not directly employed by Plusnet, but as our Internet and Broadband is with you, you Plusnet are liable for this. I then had to take ANOTHER day off work for the second appointment on Wed 1st July 2015, to which the engineer thankfully arrived. I understand that as a customer we need to make means possible to be available for the appointment, however, I incurred an unnecessary and avoidable loss due to your breach of contract with the engineer not arriving nor contacting us on the 26th June 2015.
I was compelled to take unpaid leave for 1 day (26th June 2015), 12 hours which represented a net loss to me of £96, which I raised to the customer service representative on the phone on 26th June 2015. He advised me to make a complaint once the internet and phone line were working. I am writing to claim this amount from you, a consequential loss, as it is my legal right. I look forward to a full and prompt response to this message within 7 days. Also, I paid for the phone line upfront for the year, and whilst I know my internet is free for 12 months, I would like to be additionally reimbursed for the 16 days without the phone line as a credit on my account please. Whilst yes customers should make allowances for connection issues and for an engineer appointment, the misleading information from yourselves about whether we needed to be present in the property or not for when the engineer arrived, further delayed the connection being fixed.  If in the first place we'd been told we DID need to be present in the property, an engineer would have come, probably resolved the connection sooner, and thus I would've only had to take 1 day off work, and WOULDN'T have had to take 2 days off work, the day for which the engineer didn't arrive (26th June) I am claiming for above.
As a new customer of Plusnet, this is a really poor start and a negative impression. I really hope we can come to some arrangement to move past this issue onto a more positive experience, and to be compensated for loss of earnings in some way.
Kind regards,
Adam Griggs
2 REPLIES 2
clarksonview

Re: Appalling Service - Even worse, no acknowledgement of our complaint a week later

As customers we have rights, and I am definitely prepared to fight back.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Appalling Service - Even worse, no acknowledgement of our complaint a week later

Hi there,
I'm just have a look at your post now and the HLE ticket alongside it.
A couple of quick points I'd like to make before responding in more detail on the ticket:
- Unfortunately we won't cover consequential losses, having said that I'd sure I can offer a gesture of goodwill and will do so on the ticket.
- Complaint tickets state that we will aim to respond within 5 working days when you first open them, in line with our complaints code of practice.
I'll go and update the ticket shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.