Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalled by terrible service switching to Fibre

leahk
Grafter

Appalled by terrible service switching to Fibre

I am so angry.
A week ago I filled in the upgrade application on the PN website to switch to Fibre and as it was on the same form, I decided to switch my phone line from BT to PN too.
I went though the screens and selected a suitable time for the install from the choices presented (Today, PM) and at the end got the confirmation screen showing what I had ordered and confirming that BT would be installing today.
Last Friday the PN Router arrived
This morning PN emailed me to say that my account had been changed to PN Extra Fibre
I took half day holiday and waited in for the engineer to arrive.
By 5pm I had heard nothing so I phoned PN to check everything was OK.
After a lenghly wait, I was told that the fibre install had been cancelled as I had ordered phone at the same time.

• No explanation why I had not been told.

• Nothing in my Help Assistant history to say it had been cancelled

• Clearly PN didn't have a clue as they converted my account today

Then I asked how I would find out when the engineer actually would be coming, and it got surreal
"Once my phone had been transferred I could book another visit"

WHAT?  I had to book the visit - are you serious?
They then said
"Or I can put a note on your account and we will do it for you once the phone had been transferred"

I then asked how I would know when to expect the engineer.  They seemed to have difficulty understanding the question, but eventually, they said that they would email me.
I am sceptical as they didn't email me to confirm the original order, nor to tell me that the install have been cancelled.
What is the use of the Help Assistant if the booking and and subsequent cancellation aren't included?
Why do PN have an upgrade form that allows you to order something that it is impossible for them to deliver (e.g. phone change and install booking).  When I chose to change to fibre I hadn't intended to switch my phone, but as it was on the same form, I thought, I'll give them my phone business too.  If I had known then what I know now - I would never have switched,
So in another weeks time my phone will switch.  Hopefully PN will remember to order the fibre install then and hopefully it will be a suitable date - then after another week I might finally get the service that I ordered,
PN Username: leahk
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Appalled by terrible service switching to Fibre

Hi there, I'm really sorry that happened - I'll have a look and see what happened first thing and see if we can find out what's going on.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Apologies for not coming back yesterday, our provisioning manager is currently looking at the account to see what's what. I'll be coming back to you as soon as we know more about what's happened.
leahk
Grafter

Thanks
leahk
Grafter

It doesn't get any better. 
After my phone was switched they eventually got around to provisionally re-booking the fibre.
They obviously had not read the history of the problem and are treating it like I had only just asked to upgrade - they have provionally booked the visit for next week and said that they will be sending out the router soon. (they sent me the router two weeks ago)
I was lied to when I originally phoned about the missed install last week.  I asked then if it would be quicker to cancel the phone switch so the fibre order could go ahead.  I was told that this would take longer because they would have to treat the fibre change as a new order.  So I didn't cancel the phone switch and yet they are still treating the install like a new order.
On the ticket on Monday they asked me to reply if the install date was not suitable otherwise they would confirm the order and contact me again.
I replied on Monday asking if they could do it sooner - since then I have heard nothing - and I guess until I do hear, the install date is still provisional.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi leahk,
I've added a ticket to your account with some more detail about what's going on, I'm very sorry it's become this delayed and complicated. I hope that helps explain things, we'll be able to get you more information on what's happening tomorrow.
dave65

Hi,
I've also had/having a similar problem.
I ordered a Fibre upgrade and phone transfer at the same time at the end of last week, as the website allows you to do this.
I called Plusnet yesterday as the order statuses didn't look right. I was told they couldn't process two orders at the same time. They were helpful and gave me the option to cancel/postpone the phone transfer, which I did. I hope the booked engineer install of FTTC goes ahead as planned next week. I am a little concerned due to the mix-up.

It does look like the website is allowing options to be selected that aren't supported.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@dave65 - One of our provisioning agents is sorting your order out now, there should be an update on the ticket for you very shortly with the latest.
@leahk - hope that's all sorted to your satisfaction now, sorry it took so long to get to where we are.
leahk
Grafter

Hopefully all sorted, I'll know by tomorrow afternoon.
dave65

Thanks Matt,
I didn't see your message until now. I've just called Plusnet and they have been very helpful in sorting this out. I have to say, despite the original problem, Plusnet have been pretty good at resolving the issue.
So it looks like my install is going ahead as planned next week and my router also arrived today. Hope yours goes ok as well leahk - sorry to hijack your thread!
leahk
Grafter

BT engineer called at 8 this morning and I was connect to FTTC by 08:45.
Thanks for sorting this out Matt.
It's just a shame that the CS operators could not have helped more and avoided the need for me to post on this forum.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news, glad to know it's working now and thanks for letting us know - please pop back if there's anything else we can help with. We've made sure to feed back for you regarding the issues with the order so we don't make the same mistakes again.