cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any recourse for losing a days pay?

PaulD
Dabbler

Any recourse for losing a days pay?

Ordered Fibre on 16th March, got a number of emails and questions answered on Plusnet website, all saying the engineer was scheduled to arrive yesterday AM, between 8am and 1pm.  The engineer didn't call, so raised a question and then called .. and it seems we now have to wait ftill April 9th, 'cos Plusnet can't place two orders at once!
I am upgrading from a BT line with 'Extra' broadband to Plusnet telephone and Unlimited Fibre, ordered as an upgrade to service via the website.  I did it by the book, (OK, website) yet Hannah (at the call centre) tells me the fibre order didn't actually go through, despite my receipt of emails and answered service questions saying it had, and that they can't re-order it now 'cos the BT changeover order is in progress and they can only process one order at a time!!  So what does not being able to place two orders at once mean?  I only placed one, for a complete package FROM THE WEBSITE.  Utter bovine excrement!!  How can they place a fibre order and a BT changeover order in the first place then?  What a shambles.
So, what do I do to get my days pay back ?  Obviously I don't mind having to wait in if something happens, but now I have to wait in again for the engineer with no guarantee that he'll turn up again next time. I certainly don't have confidence in what 'support' and emails tell me ....
Frankly I'm fuming, and I just got a 'How did we do, fill in the survey please' when I logged onto the site, which is really kicking me when down, hence me now looking for my wages back!!
For a communications company Plusnet are better salesmen than communicators!
7 REPLIES 7
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Any recourse for losing a days pay?

They won't pay the first missed day only from the second attempt, so bill them for that day if Open Retch is a no show
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
If you have to take a second day off you can then claim for the wasted first day.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: PaulD
Frankly I'm fuming, and I just got a 'How did we do, fill in the survey please' when I logged onto the site, which is really kicking me when down, hence me now looking for my wages back!!

Well, I hope you completed the survey and gave zero all round and a blunt explanation as to why.
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Gus
They won't pay the first missed day only from the second attempt, so bill them for that day if Open Retch is a no show

If you ask politely for some compensation from Plusnet on missing the first appointment, you will get one. I know as I did.
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

You do really need to insist on compensation for the money you have lost.
This kind of problem has been around for ages (something similar happened to me, see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106537.0/topicseen.html ) so it should have been well sorted out by now.
The most annoying thing is that although one of the more senior agents will doubtless see that it gets sorted, there is never any thought of an apology for the immense disruption it causes to the customer.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
PaulD
Dabbler

This a copy of a reply I just made to another thread regarding Plusnet service!!
Surely now Plusnet are taking the proverbial???
I've received this, edited for brevity ..
"We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now closed Question number [ 67408847 ].
The following comment was added to the Question Dear Mr Draper, Thank you for getting back to us. Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.
I can now confirm that the order has been accepted and the appointment booked for 23/04/13 between 8AM and 1PM.
Please ensure that you are at the property during this period as the engineer will need access to install the fibre equipment. If the engineer cannot gain access, a missed appointment fee of £50 will be due. "
What about when they sent me the emails CONFIRMING an engineer visiting, REF : E0089  "Here's the date you've chosen for an engineer to install your new Plusnet Fibre service:
22/03/2013 AM What happens next?  We'll arrange for an engineer to visit your property on the above date."  for which I had to take a day off work and the engineer DIDN'T TURN UP???
Will Plusnet refund me what it cost me, about £75 Huh?
Will Plusnet refund me the same £50???
What a shower, to rub it into a customer who has regularly gone over the 60G limit and thus paid a lot extra into the firm and then wants to stay with them and increase the service seems a tad st00pid to me.
I am seriously considering telling you where to go, this is absolutely ridiculous.
Is there a complaints dept I can request a refund from?  If there is they certainly don't shout about it ...
I am absolutely disgusted at such poor, condescending, and downright demeaning service.  Service HA!!  I really don't think anyone at Plusnet has the first clue what it means to have good customer service or any idea for how a customer feels when they're so comprehensively fobbed off and ridiculed in this way.
Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've replied to this post on your other thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113992.0.html