cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans to increase the monthly allowance on Plusnet Value?

Zasps
Grafter

Any plans to increase the monthly allowance on Plusnet Value?

Average downloads (game demos. etc.) are getting bigger all the time, yet Plusnet Value has remained capped at 10GB/month for all the two and a half years I've been with Plusnet, even though the price has increased from £5.99 to £6.49. Could it not maybe increase to 12GB or even 11GB, to move with the times? I certainly won't be subscribing to Plusnet Extra, and I'll never pay the £5 for 5GB extra usage. I would like to stay with Plusnet, but..............
31 REPLIES 31
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Any plans to increase the monthly allowance on Plusnet Value?

Should ISPs be the  held responsible for other manufacturers' bandwidth needs? Undecided but I tend to think not.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you want more you have to pay for more that's life. I'm sure we would all like something extra for nothing but it aint going to happen.
Quote from: Zasps
Average downloads (game demos. etc.) are getting bigger all the time, yet Plusnet Value has remained capped at 10GB/month for all the two and a half years I've been with Plusnet, even though the price has increased from £5.99 to £6.49. Could it not maybe increase to 12GB or even 11GB, to move with the times? I certainly won't be subscribing to Plusnet Extra, and I'll never pay the £5 for 5GB extra usage. I would like to stay with Plusnet, but..............
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It is well known that all gamers are nerds without a social life, so why not do the downloads after midnight?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Zasps
Grafter

Are any of you people who have posted responses employed by Plusnet? I'd just like to know which posters I can ignore on here (ie Anyone not employed by Plusnet).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just had another nerd on another thread who hides all his links with a one word guess, click the links and it downloads and plays a big video, nice when you are on a 10G limit
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

this is a forum, if you want Plusnet give the sales team a ring Wink
Their adress blocks give their afiliation so you can tell, but its the weekend so you can expect some response on monday around nine  Cool
sometimes they cant stay away though so you may be lucky Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I you feel like that, dont come on an open forum, now have a look round and you will soon find out
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

ISP's used to give away bandwidth and they didn't last long or had to introduce usage caps.  So if you need to download large demos do it after midnight which doesn't count towards our monthly usage.  If you can't and 10 gig a month isn't enough then upgrade.
There is a limit to how much each of us can use and we have to pay for it, e.g. if you are on a market 2/3 exchange and you could be getting 60gig usage a month for £11.49 which I am currently paying.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Luzern
Hero

Just because someone makes a critical point, it does not mean they have an agenda or are staff.
If one wants something one has to pay.
BTW just noticed that you posted in similar vein a while ago on someone else's thread. And got similar advice
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88996.msg742284.html#msg742284
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88996.msg742297.html#msg742297
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88996.msg742303.html#msg742303
Are you trying to force a spurious case to leave PN, whatever?:-\
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Zasps

Yes downloads etc have got bigger.  Why won't you upgrade to Extra - it's like paying the £5 for 5GB extra usage on value but getting 4 times as much allowance?
If you really don't want to upgrade (or can't afford to); then why not schedule your downloads to between midnight and 8am?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Lucerne
I can't unswerstand why the OP doesnt know how to identify a PN employee then, he has been on those other threads  Shocked
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Luzern
Hero

Though to be fair, his post and replies were three in one thread. Smiley
bobboulby
Grafter

I think there’s a serious point here that’s got missed.
It’s a relatively long time since PlusNet refreshed their product range and in the mean time things have moved on. Yes there is an upgrade path to Extra but where do you go after that? With an increasing amount of content being available on-line and new Internet enabled devices appearing all the time (e.g. smart TVs), 60Gb is no longer enough.
I’d ask a more general question, are there any plans to launch a product with a higher download allowance?
Bob
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there is if you have fibre