cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any excuse to keep their bag of silver, how very sad.

flexo1966
Grafter

Any excuse to keep their bag of silver, how very sad.

In line with the HLE ticket 90389690 we are unable to write off your cancellation charges. Please address any query regarding your complaint on ticket 90389690.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
jim:csa
27 REPLIES 27
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Any excuse to keep their bag of silver, how very sad.

What's your complaint?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Andy,
How could you have missed it?  There are loads of posts about it all over the forum - see here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=26330;sa=showPosts
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

@ Kevin
Seen it, thanks.
@ flexo1966 - As far as I'm aware, you're allowed to cancel up to 14 days after the service has been provided (without penalty). When did you try and cancel?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: flexo1966
6 weeks for phone line to be turned on 7 weeks for broadband to installed, during which time they opened me 2 accounts.
Having done this they closed one one and with it my phone number of 27 years. (later regained).
Charged me twice for initial set up (later refunded)
The openreach contractor was a sub contractor which when turning on the b/band has disabled every phone socket in the house baring the openreach socket.
Trying to call them is joke, 1 hour 40 minutes wait on Friday.
The people on the end of the phones are clueless. Never have I come across such complete incompetence.
I went with this company because is was sponsored by Which magazine
Has anyone got contact details where I can raise a complaint to Which magazine. I feel that if they lose that endorsement they lose a lot of custom.
I asked to cancel but was one day to late so now I am stuck with the most amateurish, untrained employes and managers (if they can be called that) that I have ever come across.
I thought Talktalk was bad, and they are bad, very bad but Plusnet are at the top league of there own league.The league of Complete Incompetence
First post here
flexo1966
Grafter

I tried to cancel on the 15th day but they would not let me without a charge.
My phone and b/b were turned on, on different days due to plusnet cock-ups.
This is how I missed the cancellation date.
Now they they have their claws in me and have no intention of letting me go.
I will continue to complain and e-mail as many company's as I can that endorse plusnet
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Was the price rise announced after you joined?
itsme
Grafter

Even if you cancelled within 14 days you would still be charged the unrecoverable charges as highlighted.
You can cancel a service anytime up to 14 calendar days after the day we accepted your order (except for BT Sport or Plusnet Protect which you must keep for at least 30 days). If you cancel after we start to provide the service, you must pay the service subscription charge for any period that the service was made available to you and for any use of that service not covered by the subscription charge, up to the date that you told us you wanted to cancel, and return any equipment we supply that is needed to use that service. You will also need to pay any installation, connection or activation charges associated with that service - including the full cost of charges that were discounted or advertised as free as a condition of taking the service on the terms that you agreed when we accepted your order. If the service you sign-up for is an additional feature, a re-contract and/or upgrade, upon cancelling the service we may revert you to your previous contract or the closest matching service.
flexo1966
Grafter

I guess it's going to be a long 15 months. Might as well try and get my moneys worth.
AndyH
Grafter

You can always push for more compensation for the missed appointments/delays.
Did you ask for a figure or did Plusnet just say 'we will give you £xx'?
flexo1966
Grafter

£31.
I feel embarrassed telling you really.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Out of interest why didn't you use the recent price change to get out of the contract
flexo1966
Grafter

Tell me how and I will.
Also if anyone has any ideas I will gladly listen.
You would have though plusnet would have cut their losses and got rid of me by now.
Come on plusnet answer me, why is does your bag of silver mean so much to you. Why having had months of terrible service, months of me giving you bad press will you not let me leave.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As per my question, if the recent price rises adversely affect you then the email you will have/will soon receive makes it clear that you have 30 days to give notice of your intention to leave with no penalty.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Of course it depends when your contract started but according to your first post on here on the 21st July you had to wait
6 weeks for phone line to be turned on 7 weeks for broadband to installed,
so the original order date should have been before the 10th June