cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of knowing when I can expect to receive the service I'm paying for?

MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Any chance of knowing when I can expect to receive the service I'm paying for?

I've had a horrendous speed of around 3mbps since early July. It's now been two months and absolutely nothing's been solved. The BT engineer fiasco resulted in the most recent one being cancelled due to the fault miraculously now no longer requiring him to visit, and since then there's been nothing. I'm paying £20 full price for a pittance of a speed and I'm just completely fed up now, especially since the slower F/O speed is £3.99 and still way higher than what I'm currently getting.
Ideally what I'd like is to have my contract transferred down onto the 38mbps package (since I'm fast coming to the conclusion that me getting a fast F/O speed is an impossibility) with the six months at £3.99 introductory rate as a way of an apology for this entire ordeal. But I doubt that's ever going to happen.
21 REPLIES 21
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Any chance of knowing when I can expect to receive the service I'm paying for?

What are your speed estimates here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ?
MykeUK
Grafter

Re: Any chance of knowing when I can expect to receive the service I'm paying for?

I'll check it tonight when I get home from work, but yesterday I did an Ookla speed test and it came back with 2.9mbps. It's pathetic and nothing is being done about it.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can run that tool from anywhere - you enter the phone number you want check.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MykeUK
Grafter

Ah, okay. Just checked my number and this is what it's saying.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Can you confirm that you are seeing the slow speeds when using a wired connection to the router and it's not just a wireless issue?
MykeUK
Grafter

It's wired to my PC. I just use wireless for PS3 and on my tablet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

When you get home run through and post all the requested information listed in this post please: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
MykeUK
Grafter

Will do.
This all started early July and initially it was diagnosed as a fault that required a BT engineer. First one never bothered to turn up when he was meant to, instead deciding to turn up early next morning instead while I was in the shower getting ready for work. The second one turned up a week early after I specifically phoned up to cancel and rearrange the visit and the third cancelled on the morning he was due to arrive after BT discovered that the fault didn't actually require a home visit after all. Now my fault is stated as being on hold until the end of September...
AndyH
Grafter

I'm wondering if your line is banded due to the line fault and DLM intervention.
When someone has a fault that affects their FTTC and the cause if the Openreach network, they should reset the DLM on your line.
Can you run the BT Speed Test (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) from your current location and run the Further Diagnostics with your home details? I'm just interested in the downstream IP Profile.
MykeUK
Grafter

K, added my home details to further diagnostics and this is what came back to me.
MykeUK
Grafter

Okay, can't do the ADSL test as I'm FTTC / Fibre optic.
BT Wholesale Diagnostics test comes back with:
1. Best Effort Test: Download Speed : 2.6 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: Upload Speed : 0.59 Mbps
---
BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test comes back with:
Download Speed (Mbps): 2.89
Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.72
Ping Latency (ms): 64.38
--
BT Wholesale Speed Test comes back with:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.67 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2.1 Mbps-3 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.59Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
--
Plus.net Current Line Speed Check comes back with:
Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed: 2.9 Mb
--
My IP Profile is 3 mbps.
The BT Broadband Availability Checker is saying I should have a speed of 27mbps FTTC impacted, which is the speed quote I was given when I signed up months ago and is the speed I initially started with. Why, then, does it appear that I've been capped for the last 2 months at 3mbps!?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is your fault ticket still open?
MykeUK
Grafter

Yep, the one I opened back on July 13th regarding this is still open and is currently on hold until Friday 26th September.
MykeUK
Grafter

Thanks to everybody so far who have helped, showing where to go to get speed checks done and whathaveyou. 😃
Would anybody at PlusNet like to chip in...?