cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anthony Vollmer... do you exsist?

thelonerider
Dabbler

Re: Anthony Vollmer... do you exsist?

I understand what you are saying. I have been patient. I have waited. I have given call centre staff in the UK ample time (as I said, these problems date back to the start of my account 5 months ago). Come on, there is only so much time you can wait. There is only so many times you can give your stats. Only so many times you can run the same diagnostics tests over and over again.
My point with the CEO is, it is obvious, the staff are not doing their jobs properly as several managers have noted to me that I have, on several occassions, been mis-informed. Now I was OK with that the first 2-3 times it was said, but constantly mis-informed by different staff all the time? So, I wanted the CEO's attention so he will do something about his staff. All they have done is blame computers, ex staff and me for the problems.
No CEO is completely off limits to the customer. A decent CEO should still be in touch with what is going on. And what is the CEO's every day duties... as you said, to run the company correctly. The company is not being run correctly so I have invited Mr Vollmer to get involved. It is clear there is a major problem within the PN customer services. They have already put their Chief Operations Officer onto the case and he has emailed me at 9pm so they have finally took notice.
If I sit back and "ask nicely" as you say, then I will possibly still be ranting in another 5 months. I have given PN the benefit of the doubt but now its time for action. I am well connected with certain areas of the press and have already spoken to 2 editors of newspapers who are interested in what I have said so far.
PN is not the biggest company in the UK. BT on the other hand, is a major company. My father in laws phone line was "accidently" cut off last year and it was at a bad time for him. He was marked down as a vunerable person meaning they can restrict his calls but wouldnt cut him off without a lot of notice. He collapsed the day after his service was cut and couldnt call for an ambulance.
You know, it took 1 day for Ian Livingstone, the CEO of BT to phone me (registered carer) and apologise. He sent a hamper out and wished my father in law a speedy recovery. All that happened was some badly trained non English call centre person didnt read what was on the screen.  As a result, 3 teams of staff were pulled for retraining and 2 staff were dismissed (after hearing all the recordings leading up to the day this happened). Ian, personally checked the staus of the problem and I can contact him at any time via mobile or email.
This is a CEO heading one of the biggest companies in the UK who took 5 minutes out of his very busy day to go the extra mile after realising his staff had well and truely messed things up. OK he was probably scared of some kind of legal action but that wasnt what was happening. I emailed him with a very sterm letter explaining the situation and he phoned me personally 10 minutes later.
So I will ask once again... Anthony Vollmer... do you exist?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I'm impressed - by BT.
@lonerider - why not move to another ISP, claiming non-fulfilment of any contract by Plusnet?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

sheepherd
Dabbler

Its good to see this subject getting back onto an even keel. It's far too important to be allowed to degenerate into a squabble.
I should think that the CEO will have one or two difficult questions to answer at the next board meeting and to be fair to the man  does have one or two problems,
a,Customer support is poor, 
b,supplier management is almost non existent, BT(W) seems to behave  as a big brother rather than a service provider,
c, PN is having difficulty with its billing system and payment collection
to name but a few.
True, on the whole, they are management induced problems but they are still there to be solved and if the CEO and his team start micro-managing Customer Support  we will never return to the boring days, you know, where the BB works, the phone works, payment is collected and we have forgotten who PN is.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Seriously, I see so many rants about Plusnet phone bills...
BT have never made a single billing mistake, either to myself or anybody I know...
Hard to read bills - yes, but wrong - no Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

thelonerider
Dabbler

I have just had a 30 minute call from Anthony Vollmer and I can finally say "he does exist". Lots of apologies and explanations as to if, where, why, what and how things have gone wrong with my account since day 1.  I feel that now a fair few things have been pointed out to the CEO, maybe (just maybe) that will be noted and things can change.
I have worked in a retail customer service role for almost 20 years for several companies as well as owning my own. Yes, some say he who shouts the loudest and all that but after 5 months, I felt the need to contact the people at the top. At least, it is possible that problems that have happened to me, can be fixed before others have the same complaint.
So, yes, I may have sounded very strong with my argument but I stuck to my guns as I knew it needed sorting. Until last week, the broadband itself is far better than any other ISP I have been with so I really didnt want to change again. The time it takes to change to a decent service, the payments involved, the cancellation of contracts etc is very time consuming. My broadband has been exceptional, all that has lacked is decent customer service agents.
PN, adress the support and invest into training and then I will start recommending your company.
thelonerider
Dabbler

Well, time for an update. An engineer has been out today and stayed in the house no more than 3 minutes. I was told there is no problem with the line. He then left.
My internet just went off yet again, only for just under 5 minutes but the same happened yesterday and Monday. Seems something just isnt right.
So still having problems and still not getting sorted.
petejackson
Grafter

Calls have been made right now to the engineer who came to see you today. This engineer reported that no problems were identified. We'll need to arrange another onsite visit with you. Intermittent faults are often not easy to identify but we're doing our best to get this moved along quickly for you.  I've posted an iPlate to you that may help but there is clearly looks to be an underlying intermittent fault that needs to be pinned down and resolved.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: thelonerider

PN, adress the support and invest into training and then I will start recommending your company.

and see my comments here too ... (posted today 7 Feb 2010 )
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.64.html