Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another gateway query

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Another gateway query

I'm on a static IP and just recently I no longer seem to be able to 'gateway hop' on to anything other than 'bng' gateways located at Colindale or Southbank Point of Presence(s).

I used to try and connect via a 'ptw' gateway for a particular reason which now doesn't seem possible for me.

Does this mean that;

1. I have been switched to the 'new network'?

and/or

2. The 'ptw' gateways no longer exist?

Could someone from PlusNet kindly answer those questions, and if I have been switched to the new network when did that actually take place (to confirm whether that date coincided with some recent VoIP problems).

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Another gateway query

You're actually still on the old network Rob.

I believe you might be seeing this as we have recently relocated our gateways. Bob mentioned something in the IPv6 trial board:

We're currently in the process of relocating a lot of our 'old' broadband infrastructure/handover to new data centres, and as part of this work we are going to be decommissioning the old E320's. Some of you will know these more affectionately as the 'AG gateways' e.g. pcl-ag01, ptw-ag02 etc.

Hope this clarifies it's disappearance.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Another gateway query

@MattyC Thanks for your answer Matty.

When I vaguely referred to the 'ptw' gateways I was including the 'bng' gateways at that location, so does that mean that all the equipment (i.e. ptw-bng01 etc.) is being removed from 'ptw'?