cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another engineer no show

ninjadingle

Another engineer no show

Ordered a broadband install to be carried out on the 14th Sep pm back on 22nd August. Wasn't moving into the property until the 11th September, but wanted it all booked in so I would be up as quickly as possible. This is a new acount, not a home move.
As so many have stated, waited in and no engineer. Phoned up to find out what had happened, got told the order had been delayed. I told the operator that's fine, I can wait until 9 / 10pm quite happily - oh no, BTOR engineers don't work past 6pm!
Over the next few days the helpdesk guy tried to get a new order in and expedited. I was then given a date of 29th Sep pm. (Great expedite there!) I replied saying fine please put a note on the account I won't be in until after 5pm, please make me the last install of the day. (I work in a school - try taking time off during term time!)
Now today I managed to arrange some unpaid time off with my line manager only to receive another message from Plusnet saying someone has to be in for the whole appointment - please choose another 3 days. Now I don't know when my appointment is!
Whereas I appreciate this is BTOR's problem, I am a customer of Plusnet. Your suppliers problems should not become mine. In any other industry if you subcontract out a service and your subbie fails, you pick up the bill and do everything you can to make sure the client is happy. All I'm getting from Plusnet is "It's not our fault". Well it's certainly not mine! Sort it out!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Another engineer no show

Aye thats poor treatment sounds like someones just passing the buck, hopefully someone will pick up on this and do something about it.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: ninjadingle
As so many have stated, waited in and no engineer. Phoned up to find out what had happened, got told the order had been delayed. I told the operator that's fine, I can wait until 9 / 10pm quite happily - oh no, BTOR engineers don't work past 6pm!
Over the next few days the helpdesk guy tried to get a new order in and expedited.

If the order was delayed, why did Plusnet not tell you (rather then you waiting for an engineer who wouldn't be turning up) and why did they have to place a new order?
Something in what Plusnet have told you doesn't add up - need a staff member to clarify what happened and why the delay.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Please please please keep the day booked off, it's still booked in for the 29th between 1pm and 6pm.
This has been handled pretty poorly, though I think that one of the reasons for this is that it is currently being dealt with through a tech support based ticket channel (no excuses there, it should have been moved to provisioning by the agent that responded to you).
It's odd, as when we placed an initial order for you, we booked it in for the 14th, however our suppliers reverted it back to the 1st. Seems that it went down as a missed appointment, and then tings went stagnant there until you contacted us on the 15th.
Apologies for how this has been handled. There has been errors from both parties here, but I hope that this at least clarifies the issue.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet