cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being ripped off...???

Ficklefinger

Re: Am I being ripped off...???

I have read all the above and still feel deeply ripped off by an organisation I used to respect and trust. It is a shame that Plusnet chooses to treat its loyal long standing customers this way. I work for the John Lewis Partnership on their IT dept and recommended Plusnet to all my customers as an honest company with decent ethics, but I should have known better. You can stick your recommendations now. It's OK you can blame me for being stupid enough to trust Plusnet in the first place. You live and learn. I thought they were better than the rest. Ho Hum. This sums up what a bunch of rip off merchants all ISP's are. The whole shooting match is riddled with shady profiteering organisations who do not give a fig about any of their customers
If any of my John Lewis customers read this I apologise for recommending Plusnet and best wishes to you all.
As for Plusnet.......................................!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

exactly how have you in person been ripped off?  I thought that most of the above sour grapes was from people who did not get or read the newsletters
itsme
Grafter

There may by a lot of John Lewis customers who joined PN on the recommendation scratching their heads thinking, 'well I know that the packages have changed and what the options are and I'm surprised the someone in JLP IT department does not'.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Ficklefinger
I work for the John Lewis Partnership

Presumably if John Lewis reduce the cost of an item they refund the difference to all the customers who paid the previous higher price?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I work for the John Lewis Partnership on their IT dept
doing what I wonder, Was he one of those MAD As A Fish lot?
ctech500
Grafter

The only possible reason for staying on premier 3 would be for the download allowance as well as the generous "unmetered" time you get.
if your a download junkie then that is the cost of your addiction.
To use the Term "Ripped off" is this case is wrong. You have the choice of moving to another product and keep "most" of the benefits of the "legacy product" and pay less in the process!!
IMHO Plusnet pro would be the way to go for you and given that you claim to have a few few referrals under your belt so you should be better off  I have to say the referral system is quite a unique idea in the ISP business.

James
Grafter

@Ficklefinger
We're going to have to firmly agree to disagree on this one.
We will generally have a new product launch every 1-2 years.  We splash it over the website, the press, the forums and the newsletters.
If someone can't be bothered to check what they're paying for then we can't be expected to take responsibility - customers have responsibilities too.
mal0z
Grafter

Have to say I sympathise with PN on this - if customers untick the marketing email box - and then never look at the PN website or the Broadband comparision sites, which regularly report on new products then one can hardly complain.
But likewise I think John Lewis do a good job too. A pal of mine bought a camera - and was told that if the price dropped within 3 months they would issue a refund for the difference, and the guys in their computer department seem rather more knowledgable than other well know PC stores !, and the prices were competitive given the level of high street they were providing for the average punter. OK you could get a bit cheaper on web site stores but then much less face to face to support.
atbs1
Grafter

@ ctech500: I too am on a legacy product and will be staying on it as the new alternatives appear unacceptable to me - that's my choice and I'm pleased that this ISP has not forced me to migrate.  My biggest caveat regarding a move is that I would have to pay for web hosting.  Having said that, were I to consider changing product then I would certainly change provider to one that offers Freeview too as I pay 21.99 to plusnet and £40 (very)odd to Sky which we use infrequently compared to the package we pay for.
Therefore on that basis it is down to me to either downgrade Sky or change it completely.
James
Grafter

@SGTE
If you already have hosting, etc on your current product, you'd still keep that if you moved to one of the new ones.
I know it might not make up your mind for moing, but it's handy to know.
mal0z
Grafter

and with some webhosting packages at about £3 per month for a full Apache/php/mySql package you might still save money ?.
Ficklefinger

Undecided pierre-pierre you are very clever and we are all impressed with your smart unhelpful comments.
ctech500
Grafter

@Ficklefinger
You claim that your being "ripped off" by PN without saying how or why
I mean you cold be on the value package and claim your getting ripped of because another provider may offer "free" Broadband and PN do not.
As a result your "issue" is not being taken very  seriously.