cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All I can say is wow. Possibly the worst service I have ever received.

Gruffalogill
Hooked

All I can say is wow. Possibly the worst service I have ever received.

Background, I'm not a habitual complainer - my own Plusnet broadband although slow and prone to drop out multiple times a day I have never complained about. In fact I even signed up to another 2 year deal only a month ago.

So, my 76 year old mother's phone line is dead. She lives on her own, English a second language, middle of winter - vulnerable? None of this seems to matter to Plusnet. I phone to report the problem - after what I presume to be the "usual" 20 minute wait - only to be told (at minute 24) that due to "data protection" they can't assist me. All I want to do is report a fault, not be [-Censored-]ted about the DPA (I was a DPO in my last job!).

Ok, whatever, so you want my 76 year old mum to ring you on her PAYG phone and spend at least half an hour on the phone to you on a call she will have to pay for?

Ah, so she can report it online? What part of 76 year old, English as a second language did you not understand??!

So, eventually, after remotely resetting all her passwords I get online and attempt to report the fault. And, an hour later, I am still attempting to do so. The phone troubleshooter comes back with either "Oops something went wrong" or the result of the line test is "Unclear". 

Plusnet - you are so overwhelmingly useless that words genuinely fail me.

11 REPLIES 11
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: All I can say is wow. Possibly the worst service I have ever received.

You need to report the PAYG mobile provider to OFCOM if they are charging for calls to 0800 numbers!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear what's happened.

The agent you spoke with should have been able to raise the issue if our tests were showing a external issue.

If you can PM me your mothers username I can look into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

To add....

Possibly Plusnet (a BT owned company) could also adopted the following, as BT allow others to report faults on the behalf of others - https://www.bt.com/static/i/microsite/help_and_tips/faults/step_by_step/faults_step_by_step2.html

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@DS If our tests identify a external issue and the person calling can provide the phone number over the phone we can raise it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gruffalogill
Hooked

Sorry, I went in to edit this (I was wrong - GiffGaff do not charge for 0800) but my Virgin router decided to update itself Grin

No problem, I'll connect to Plusnet - well whaddyaknow, that's down too Funny

Gotta laugh.

Gruffalogill
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

@DS If our tests identify a external issue and the person calling can provide the phone number over the phone we can raise it.

Thanks Matthew, perhaps you can explain this to [CSA Removed] and her supervisor [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Gruffalogill
Hooked

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

Sorry to hear what's happened.

The agent you spoke with should have been able to raise the issue if our tests were showing a external issue.

If you can PM me your mothers username I can look into this.

Thanks, she's on the phone now to your Customer Services number now, armed with username and password. If she doesn't get through before her phone battery runs out I'll take you up on your kind offer.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@MatthewWheeler I appreciate what you're saying Smiley

But not everybody has access to phones (even mobiles in remote areas) and a form similar to that could be beneficial to concerned people regarding the disabled or elderly people (or both), whom themselves this vulnerable person could well be in a remote area.

God forbid should anyone come to serious harm, possibly even death if the one concerned had no access to a phone.

Also, some panic alarms are tied in to the phone line.

I hope you see my point?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Customers can, and I believe the original poster has, test the line via the Member Centre and if a fault is detected it will be raised to an engineer automatically.

If the no fault is detected or requires an appointment, then ideally we need to be explaining the checks that can resolve the issue, and speaking with the account holder to book the engineer.

We do have a vulnerable customer process where in certain situations we can book appointments without passing DPA.

I do hope though that your mother's line is working again @Gruffalogill or at least things are progressing. Please let us know if this isn't the case.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gruffalogill
Hooked

@Anoush wrote:

Customers can, and I believe the original poster has, test the line via the Member Centre and if a fault is detected it will be raised to an engineer automatically.

I tried this all morning - results were either "Oops something went wrong" or result of Line Test "unclear". Neither of which were in the least helpful.

My mother, with the assistance of a neighbour's son, got through - after 20+ minutes naturally - and an engineer is booked for Wednesday. This was, of course, after the "we will charge you if there's nothing wrong" warning. Nice.

Gruffalogill
Hooked

And still showing this (see attachment). 

Maybe take the "proud" off and just leave it as We'll Do You