cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 20+ years with plusnet, looks like I'll be leaving in June, at contract end.

tonycollinet
Grafter

After 20+ years with plusnet, looks like I'll be leaving in June, at contract end.

Sorry - but 14+% is too much.

Loyalty is not offered from plusnet, so I'm going to withdraw mine. I'm going to become as mercenary as the providers, and swap at every contract renewal, taking advantage of new customer offers.

3 REPLIES 3
bodgem
Dabbler

Re: After 20+ years with plusnet, looks like I'll be leaving in June, at contract end.

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: After 20+ years with plusnet, looks like I'll be leaving in June, at contract end.

As another long-serving PN customer I too considered quitting when my contract ended a few months back but soon found that Ofcom has given all ISPs a golden key to raise prices by 14.9% or thereabouts. I think you will find, as I did, that switching would land you in exactly the same situation -- with lots of hassle in between. Of course the changeover should slip past seamlessly but ...

My BB service has been flawless and while PN's accounts are as shambolic as ever the cheerful UK-based staff do sort them out eventually. I think PN is still good value for money and suggest you remember the old saying about the frying pan and the fire 🙄

Mike 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@tonycollinet 

Come May/June the price rise will have been applied and you will be able to see what Plusnet's recontracting rates are (and the new contract rates for other ISPs). They may or may not reflect current prices +14.4%, but at least, with your end date in June you have the advantage of seeing those rates before you make the decision.