cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 13 years Plusnet have finally managed to rack me off!! 19% cost increase?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: After 13 years Plusnet have finally managed to rack me off!! 19% cost increase?

Now I'm not on a mobile device and can quote, give urls, etc.
Quote from: AndyH
Openreach have nothing to do with the calls/calling and network features, that's all BT Wholesale. Openreach just provide the physical line from the exchange to end user.

Wrong. I know it's along time since I delved into all this sort of stuff , but I didn't think I was mistaken, read this
............"Features of a WLR3 basic line: ........• Calling and Network features"
I don't believe the wholesale cost (for BT Wholesale) customers for calling and network features has changed since 2006.

Wholesale line rental is Openreach. All the calls and features (wholesale calls/features) is BT Wholesale.

Oh dear, wrong and wrong again. Try reading these prices and these just for an example.
The problem is that the big 6 ISPs are in a competitive market place and need to find ways to increase profitability.

Every company is in business to make a profit, it's whether the way it's done, is immoral or not. At the end of the day it's totally irrelevant as to who provides the (wholesale) services,  Whilst I was ignoring the LLU providers in my remarks talking about WLR provision (LLU providers presumably program their own exchange equipment - have their supplier do it), to be pedantic it's probably BT Operate that do or get the programming done on BT kit. In your obsessive attempts to defend Openreach, you took this thread off-topic. it's the way services are implemented but particularly charged for by all the CPs that is relevant to this thread.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: After 13 years Plusnet have finally managed to rack me off!! 19% cost increase?

@Estragon
Are you on a legacy Broadband package that doesn't have the extra £2.50 pm charge if not using Plusnet Line Rental?
Estragon
Rising Star

Yes and no. I upgraded as soon as Fibre Extra became available, a few months before a round of price increases brought in the premium for not having PN phone. I'm on the current FTTC product but at legacy/carried forward price.