Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance txt from Plusnet

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Advance txt from Plusnet

It's good to see that Plusnet have been listening to some of what's said on here.  I've seen lots of threads with people asking if the phone call that they'd received is from Plusnet or not, trying to offer a better deal.  I've just received a txt from Plusnet telling me that they think I could get a better deal and they'll be calling me in the next few days.

Phil

9 REPLIES
moggysmam
Dabbler

Re: Advance txt from Plusnet

Hi,

Ive just had the same text. I was wondering whether it's because I have no contract at the moment?  I'm on the top package, so I don't know what they're gonna offer me?

Superuser
Superuser

Most likely they'll offer you a lower rate for you signing up to a longer contract.  I'd have normally already contacted the Customer Options Team to negotiate a lower rate for my package but I'm moving in a couple of weeks time (still waiting for the date from the solicitors), so will see what I can get along with a house move as soon as I know when I need to switch.

Phil

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

Don't you think spammers could do the same?

Or is the text I received from Microsoft regarding the virus on my PC also false?

I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Superuser
Superuser

Quite possible, but at least if you know they are going to call you can check out and make sure the txt is genuine before they call if you wanted.

Phil

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 162

I believe these are genuine, but it'd be good if you could PM me a copy of the text if that's possible?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris.  I've PM'd you.

Thanks

Phil

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, I've passed this on to see what's going on with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

These are genuine and from us, you'll get a call in the next few days unless you opt out via our website.

Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris, I though it was.