Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance txt from Plusnet

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Advance txt from Plusnet

It's good to see that Plusnet have been listening to some of what's said on here.  I've seen lots of threads with people asking if the phone call that they'd received is from Plusnet or not, trying to offer a better deal.  I've just received a txt from Plusnet telling me that they think I could get a better deal and they'll be calling me in the next few days.

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

9 REPLIES 9
moggysmam
Dabbler

Re: Advance txt from Plusnet

Hi,

Ive just had the same text. I was wondering whether it's because I have no contract at the moment?  I'm on the top package, so I don't know what they're gonna offer me?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Most likely they'll offer you a lower rate for you signing up to a longer contract.  I'd have normally already contacted the Customer Options Team to negotiate a lower rate for my package but I'm moving in a couple of weeks time (still waiting for the date from the solicitors), so will see what I can get along with a house move as soon as I know when I need to switch.

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Don't you think spammers could do the same?

Or is the text I received from Microsoft regarding the virus on my PC also false?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Quite possible, but at least if you know they are going to call you can check out and make sure the txt is genuine before they call if you wanted.

Phil

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I believe these are genuine, but it'd be good if you could PM me a copy of the text if that's possible?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris.  I've PM'd you.

Thanks

Phil

Chris
Legend

Thanks, I've passed this on to see what's going on with this.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

These are genuine and from us, you'll get a call in the next few days unless you opt out via our website.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Chris, I though it was.