cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a referral banner to every e-mail that you send

DavidFilmer

Add a referral banner to every e-mail that you send

I posted a question, as below, to the PlusNet support team but they could not answer it and referred me to this site: -
"I want to add one of your referral icons under my signiature in every e-mail that I send: .I use Outlook Express and Windows XP professional. How can I set this up so that when I click on "Insert" then "Signiature" it all gets put in beneath the e-mail I just wrote? .I attached a screen shot of what I achieved by editing the source code in html. But it takes too long for routine use."
The reply I got was as follows "Unfortunately we are unable to support such query over the ticketing system, however we do have a community site for our customer to help each other. Please see the following link, http://.community.plus.net. I hope this helps. Kind regards, [mremoved]"
Is there anyone out there clever enough to offer a solution?
dick:red CSA name removed as per forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Add a referral banner to every e-mail that you send

I'm surprised they didn't refer you to this - login is required - http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydiscount_static_info&memberheader=referrals
Not applicable

Yes, I have used the email facility to which you refer, but I think that the OP wants to put the banner in every  email that he sends, not just specific referral ones that are on the site.
The only thing is, I would imagine that folk who receive emails from him regularly might get a bit fed up with seeing it (it the thing was possible anyway).
Lurker
Grafter

A lot of mail clients would block an image anyway, and many people still opt to read mails in plain text too.
Since an embedded image wouldn't work every time, why not us something like tinyurl to shorten your unique referrer URL, and simple craft a short paragraph yourself promoting PN.
Stick this into your signature, and hey presto, you have a consistent message, which will work across every email format.
Not applicable

Only trouble is, if anyone did sign up to PN as a result of the signature, you wouldn't know and would therefore lose the referral money. That is, unless you knew them and they actually told you that they were going to sign up. Or am I wrong?
Lurker
Grafter

Why wouldn't you?
Please re-read what I posted, then tell me what the problem is.
Unless of course its an ironic post illustrating that the whole task is pointless because people won't read it properly anyway. Cheesy