cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account contact details changed - but not by me!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Account contact details changed - but not by me!

Hi CRT,
It is not something I go looking at very often and change even less frequently... in the light of the loss of account (billing?) email addresses to a 3rd party, I just went to check my account details to that I can review the spam setting in respect of that domain / mailbox.
Imagine my surprise to find that my contact phone numbers have been changed to "01142000000" - which is essentially a Sheffield number.
How did this happen?
When did this happen?
Why did this happen?
In case it helps (details last changed date/time stamps) I have for the moment refrained from changing the details back to what they were.
Again if it helps, these details were correct at least until 27th Aug when Jess Booth used those details to contact me.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

21 REPLIES 21
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Account contact details changed - but not by me!

Not sure it is relevant but who changed my communication preferences from email to all of them
A question where did you see the contact phone number as the only one I can see is here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jim,
Now that you mention it - ditto.  I thought it strange that I had everything ticked, but maybe I had been more liberal with PN that with other organisations... that said with the changed numbers, they have no chance of contacting me by telephone or SMS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 514

I'm quite certain I only had email ticked but now all four are. Last time I looked was a few months ago.
My contact numbers are OK, though.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Similar here, I've just removed phone and SMS as I NEVER want to be contacted that way for marketing purposes.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Yes - forgot to say I removed all but email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

All of my contact preferences had changed too.
Phone numbers fine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Townman
Imagine my surprise to find that my contact phone numbers have been changed to "01142000000" - which is essentially a Sheffield number.

Both numbers? Landline and Mobile?  Huh
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Mine haven't changed Smiley
Contact Preferences Email and SMS.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

My telephone numbers are the same as they have always been.   Smiley

My contact preferences appear to be as I probably left them -

• Email : YES - for Plusnet marketing, but please don't send me unsolicited SPAM from unknown companies !

• Telephone : NO - Until Plusnet get their sending caller-ID sorted out, my phone will block them !

• Post : YES - but in 15 years I have never received anything ! - so what is the point of this option ?

• SMS : YES - I chose this because I assumed that I would get 'ticket' updates via SMS, but I don't  Angry

Roll_eyes
picbits
Rising Star

Just checked mine - both seem ok with no changes.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Townman
I'm doing some digging in to when and why these were changed on your account.

With regards to the communications preference, historically we only had 1 option which was a general opt-in/opt-out. When we split this it probably carried over the opt-in/opt-out status to the other options that were introduced. If you want to review and alter these you can do so at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
Thank you; I look forward to leading of your findings.
When were the contact options split out?  I do not recall the change, however I am certain that I recall seeing the list of options with only email selected.
Kevin

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That applies to me too unless I am going senile in my old age  Embarrassed
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Mine are as I left them  Smiley