cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and email accounts deleted by Plusnet

Ecurb

Account and email accounts deleted by Plusnet

After many years with Plusnet I have joined BT.
Not because of poor service (until now) but because BT could offer me quite a lot more for less money.
Prior to deciding to leave I asked if it would be possible to keep my email addresses (Main + 4 or 5 family subsidiary ones - 6 in total). I was assured this was possible and would cost £1.69 per month. This was all confirmed via the support tickets etc.
I proceeded to start moving to BT.
BT were fairly poor during this but after a couple of weeks they took control of my BB. This was without warning and 6 days earlier than they said they would.
At the same time Plusnet deleted all of my email addresses and my account despite the aforementioned agreement. I was left with no BB and no email accounts.
I assumed this was a simple mistake.
The BT saga was sorted out within a few days (after many hours on the phone/emails/web chats etc).
Sadly Plusnet weren't as helpful.
I rang on the Saturday this happened and was told that the emails could be reinstated (the main account was, briefly, along with all of the emails held on this account on the server) but needed to ring back the following day.
I did this but the people I needed to speak to work weekday 9 to 5 (I think).
Over the next 5 to 6 days and many hours of calls (the only way to contact Plusnet) I received a variety of different opinions none of which helped much.
The main email account was again deleted and then reinstated and I have now got the main email address back (all emails deleted now though).
I cannot access my member centre account and have been told it will take a while/a day or two/4 days/it's been passed on to someone/sent to the right team etc etc etc.
On my last call I was told to stop calling as it would be sorted out (takes about 4 days - this was 6 days after I reported it!) and repeated calls would not help me (I was essentially told to go away).
This call apart, most of the call centre people have at least tried to sound helpful but I am beginning to doubt they are actually doing anything other than lip service.
I have repeatedly asked for some form of update on the progress such as emails etc but - no - Plusnet don't do that.
I expect if I could log in to my account I might be able to find out but - - - -.
I had originally thought that once Plusnet were able to compete with BT I would probably return but now think I may have made the right choice.
It's sad that a company that used to have such good customer support now appears hopeless.
Now about 2 weeks without account access or emails and have been told that once Plusnet delete emails they are unrecoverable due to their small server space!
I thought there was some form of EU legal obligation to retain emails etc for a year?
Might try one more call to see if I get a different answer again!!!
Not expecting any Plusnet response on here but thought I might as well have a bit of a moan.
7 REPLIES 7
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: Account and email accounts deleted by Plusnet

....... I thought there was some form of EU legal obligation to retain emails etc for a year?

Yes there is > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention

Don't know if the data retained includes the actual content of an email, I read somewhere that the Home Office would like you to think it didn't [cough
Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've sent a PM with a suggestion.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ecurb

Two responses already !! 
Thanks to both of you for that.
Both very helpful.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ecurb,
Really sorry about this, I've just reactivated your portal login component so you should now be able to log back in to our website - I've also made sure to feed back on the ticket that had been left there with nothing done, further apologies for that.
I'm not sure if there will be anything we can do to get the mail back I'm afraid though I will ask.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Matt,
Bob Pullen appears to have fixed a similar issue for another user in recent days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ecurb

Quote from: Matt
Hi Ecurb,
Really sorry about this, I've just reactivated your portal login component so you should now be able to log back in to our website - I've also made sure to feed back on the ticket that had been left there with nothing done, further apologies for that.
I'm not sure if there will be anything we can do to get the mail back I'm afraid though I will ask.

Thanks for the above Matt.
You and Bob Pullen seem to be regular "sorters" it seems
I thought I'd wait a while before commenting further.
No sign of the missing emails.
This still surprises me ----
Thanks Apprentice for this :- http://en.wikipedia.org/w...unications_data_retention
Perhaps it doesn't apply to Plusnet?
I wouldn't mind a bit of feedback as to why this all happened and what is being done to avoid it in the future.
I await news on my complaint which
[removed] - CSC Analyst said at 11:39am, Wednesday 30 Oct 2013
"This complaint has been received from the customer. Please action accordingly".
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Which e-mails and which mailbox are you missing e-mails from?