Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closure - a question because of several threads on here

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Account Closure - a question because of several threads on here

Why do Plusnet automatically close an account even when there are outstanding charges hence removing the ability to
a) find out what the charges are
b) the reason for the charges
c) to contest the charges via the ticket system
d) to pay off the due charges via the account login
3 REPLIES 3
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Re: Account Closure - a question because of several threads on here

Because they don't seem to value their customers anymore?
I could probably think of a bunch of additional answers as well.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

When services leave us, I believe the account should remain open for around a week or two to allow all of those things.
If a customer requests an account to be closed with immediate effect, they are essentially telling us not to leave the account active to allow those things, however in those situations I would hope it's been discussed in full before going ahead with the decision.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Harry,
Might I suggest a change to the exit process...?
Whilst there is an outstanding balance on an account, the portal logon should remain available (not be removed or inhibited) irrespective of how the user articulates their request to leave.  Further portal accounts will not be closed until 2 months after the account balance gas been cleared.

Such practices would ensure that users can always see what they owe (and why) and be able to make arrangements to pay.  Thereafter they would have 2 months in which to extract any historic infirmation they wished to retain.
Indeed could you also suggest to the new billing system team that there should be options to email account transaction details both individually and in bulk to make it easier for users to retain billing history.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.