cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal service from Plusnet - is this normal?

geebls6

Abysmal service from Plusnet - is this normal?

I only signed up last month and was connected on 8th Jan - although in reality I haven't been as I currently have no phone or broadband.  In fact, I've had no services since 4th Jan as the install date was messed up also and was originally agreed for 30th Dec to avoid having no gaps in service.
I'm finding the ticket system slow to get a response and when I have had to phone, the call waiting time has been (without any exaggeration) between 15 and 45 mins of hold music.  Even when I do speak to someone they either fail to deliver on a promise (no call back or even noting that they have spoken to me), or just pass my issue onto another department.  I was attracted by the ads saying how great the customer service is, but the reality is very different I now know.  I've worked in contact centres and understand some customers can be awful to deal with a rude etc.  I'm always polite but firm.  Gets me nowhere with Plusnet as no one appears able to do anything quickly.
Is this level of service the norm from your experience?  I really regret moving to them now and feel I have been taken in by advertising when I am normally fairly savvy and do my own research before committing my business to a new provider. 
6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Abysmal service from Plusnet - is this normal?

Good morning.
I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us so far.
I can see that you have raised a phone fault with us this morning. I'm hoping that this will nip the issue right in the bud and your services will be back on track. As it stands, there is little that we can do until the resolution date of your phone fault. However, I'll be happy to take on your account and be your point of contact from this point onwards.
Whilst I can't really fix the ticket response times and the call queues, I like to think that this will give you the opportunity to avoid these.
In the meantime, keep us posted on your phone fault and let us know if anything changes.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Geebls6,
A warm welcome to the forums, sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations.
I think it would be fair to say that matters are binary - if BTOR deliver the "plan" - that is they turn up when scheduled and do a proper job - then all is excellent.  However if they fail to deliver their part of the deal (for a multitude of reasons) then you get hit with the double whammy of the difficulty in achieving effective communication with PlusNET who are struggling with the the massive "failures" work load generated by BTOR.
BTOR failure to attend / the need for a follow-up is not (as would be logical) managed by them, but is rather passed back for the ISP / CP to deal with the end user.  A failure on installation is nit treated by BTOR as a failed installation, but is passed back to the ISP / CP as a fault condition to be managed with the customer.
I suspect this is all about BTOR fudging stats and passing off managing the user to the supplier, rather than them having a focus of managing their problems.  Every CP / ISP using their local copper network is blighted by these problems and the consequences.  Sadly none of them are visibly raking BTOR to task on the issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

westo123

The short answer is YES!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Indeed Westo123,
You too have been messed around very badly by BTOR - the ONLY supplier of wires other than where Virgin Media or Kingston Communications operate.
Your post suggesting that you are stuck with the only supplier in Cornwall (Madasafish) is somewhat skewed.  There are many ISPs who you could have chosen for the provision of service, but the are all obliged to use BTOR to supply the wires etc.
To unskew your response here - this is indeed normal for BTOR.
EDIT: TO add that in your (special) case (just seen the update) with two phone lines at the same property, you've had a dollop of human error from PN too, possibly due to you chasing down an issue on an account not associated with your forum ID.  Sad Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I'll second what Townman is saying. Generally the PlusNet service is good, but OpenReach are hopeless for anything other than a clean install. As an organisation (BTOR) they seem unrepentant about their "good enough" approach to service delivery. Sadly they are protected from the public by the telecommunications regulator.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
tony8436
Grafter

As a new customer myself, I can say that YES this does seem normal. I too got suckered in by the adverts saying that they had good customer service and there would be no compromise in service. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one stupid enough to believe their lies.