Did you mean: 

Absolutely the worst excuse for customer 'service' in UK history

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: Absolutely the worst excuse for customer 'service' in UK history

@Gandalf,

Is there any known cause of your supplier's test system repeatedly failing for a particular user as here ... which you guys have the ability to rectify please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've been flagging examples of the further diagnostics speedtest failing through and will continue to do so along with asking for the root cause to be investigated.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamessc
Rising Star

Still appallingly slow connection, still no help whatsoever from plusnet

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Still no router stats from the user too.

Have you raised a fault report?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thought I would try again, looking at this subject, a BT Speedtest. My speed is what I expect but the result is

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

jamessc
Rising Star

For what it's worth, which is nothing, I have indeed raised a fault report, and have still heard nothing from the most disgraceful and utterly worthless 'service' providers in the UK.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you should probably cancel then and move to another ISP.
mort7890
Pro

If that is how you feel then your best bet is to move elsewhere, but personally I have praise for the staff they do a good job and I say that with conviction having been with Force9 for 15 years.

jamessc
Rising Star

If it were that simple to leave this worthless excuse for a company I wouldn't be here complaining about it.

It's worse than a joke.

mort7890
Pro

Have you tried Ookla Speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/ as an alternative test if so what are the results? Have you tried resetting the router as per the instructions?

If you stopped the bickering and responded in a more pleasant manner you may then obtain better results. But responding the way you are doing just gets peoples backs up and then you get by-passed because of the responses you are giving.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The Ookla speedtest is fine , but you need to use the BT tester as it sends the results to BT and PN to check

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mort7890
Pro

Quite understand but when you get

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Then try another speedtester (Ookla) to see what your speed is which may be fine. Currently mine shows 39.48 down and 13.81up with Ookla but only 19.46 down 12.05up with BT and of course unable to report it to plusnet because of above. The fault, if you look through previous posts on BTW performance test, this has been faulty for this year with me and according has never performed correctly. Ookla does give you the benefit of what speed you think you should be getting although I should be getting around 58down and 14up but I am not ranting and raving about it.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You are missing the point completely. The speed test is worth nothing - it's the process which is important. Running the BT Wholesale tests records important data as part of the diagnostic activity which BT require in processing the problem.

Unfortunately here their test for this user on their line fails. I suspect that this would be the same irrespective of who is the isp,

Sight of the router stats would be helpful.

mort7890
Pro

Apologies if you think I was missing the point. I have had the BT speed test problem for nearly a year now albeit intermittent so when this happens I use Ookla really for peace of mind but also I check the connection speed in the router.

The point I was trying to make was, and I agree with you about the isp, is that it is a BT problem not PN and therefore it is out of PN's hands so to speak and ranting and raving regarding PN because of this is really not correct.

Router stats would be helpful as would router speed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi guys

If anyone is unable to complete the further diagnostics, in order to further investigate, our suppliers would need the date and time the test was run, as well as the error message received.

Please send me a private message with this and I'll pass it on to BT.

Thanks in advance.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet