Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely disgusted with the service I received from PN

bb41
Dabbler

Absolutely disgusted with the service I received from PN

Or should I say not received.
After enduring hardly any internet and intermittent phone, (sometimes not being able to receive calls in ) since April 28th  (another past post would cover my gripes)
I decided to  disconnect from PN.  Disconnection arranged for today and to be reconnected with another provider also today .  A hefty disconnection fee after being told that I had to go back on contract when I moved house 6 months ago after being out of contract.  I heavily dispute I should have been made to go on another contract which I will be pursuing with vigour.
8 days ago PN disconnected my very ltd internet (approx 2 days usage in weeks ) over a week early, they tried to blame the new provider but when I called them they told me they could not take over another providers line until the end of contract date which I do tend to believe.
Last Friday evening I needed to call the non emergency police phone number.  No connection but a recorded message to check my balance.........online !!!! very amusing.  I tried calling PN but was kept holding for so long I gave up until Saturday morning.
After finally talking to someone I was told my phone had had a bar put on it accidentally and would take 24 working hours to correct.
PN you left me with no internet, no landline and as you well know as it states quite clearly on my acc that I have no mobile coverage unless I go into one of my fields .  I told you I run a small animal rescue centre in a very remote area and you left me with no communication to the outside word.
My phone bill has been astronomical since I have to call my partner on his mobile to stay in touch with any emails that could be important from vets including tests and results.
I will be putting all this to the Ombudsman and try to get compensation for what you have done to me.  You left me in a very vulnerable position and you effectively victimised me possibly because of the amount of complaints I made.
3 REPLIES 3
KirstyA

Re: Absolutely disgusted with the service I received from PN

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us. I'm really sorry to read about the problems you have experienced here and the inconvenience they have lead to.
It appears that the call barring was added as the credit limit was reached, which we notified you of on 28/05/15. Further to that, I appreciate your connection was down at the time and that the mobile signal is troublesome, but we have no other way to communicate this to you aside from updating you via your account contact details.
You had a fault raised at the time your service disconnected, which may have lead to this disconnection, as opposed to us cutting your service off early. I have ensured that a refund is issued for the downtime you experienced, and this should be with you in 7-10 working days.
Once again, I'm sorry to hear you've had problems with the service, I just wanted to clear up the details and make sure your refund was applied. If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So why exactly did bb41 feel the need to leave Plusnet and go with another provider? And what's all this about being disconnected early blaming the new provider who appears to say they can't take over the line. Even if cancellation fees may be due, why is that stopping the new provider from providing a service?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

There appears to have been some confusion caused on the OP's account.
They've had a fault open from the 15th of May which last time we checked before they left required traffic management.
I would imagine the fault is still there (We never had a confirmation it was fixed) which is why the OP doesn't have a service still.
In terms of the blaming new provider scenario because there was a open order on the line we were unable to test it.
This wasn't a issue as the fault was ongoing at the time but I think this will have caused confusion.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team