cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely disgraceful service

chelsienelmes

Absolutely disgraceful service

I cannot believe how PlusNet advertise themselves as a 'customer' based service. Placed my order on 4th April to be told activation day would not be until 26th April - this didn't stop PlusNet from taking £27.99 from my account. Email confirmation stated that router would be delivered days before activation day - well it's now 30th April and still now router! Through contacting customer service, have been lied to at every point.

-Told router was on way,

-told router was delayed because of delivery company,

-told someone had not clicked the button to tell 'computer' to send router to my address,

-told router was in post two days ago!

Received new email today saying 'router in post' today. Then why is customer service telling me it was posted two days ago? The most infuriating thing is I can't cancel my contract as it's passed the '14 days'. Yes, it is passed 14 days since I placed my order but it hasn't been passed a day since I've actually had any broadband from PlusNet.

Cannot wait until my 18 month contract is up! Will NEVER recommend PlusNet to a single person. Not holding my breath in actually receiving the 'reward card' that was promised when signing up.

Stay away from, and warn all others. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Absolutely disgraceful service

Hi @chelsienelmes, thanks for getting in touch.

I am extremely sorry to hear of the experience you have had with the activation of your services. We take the first initial payment up front due to the fact we don't run credit checks. This covers your first month of service which means you'll have no further payments due until the end of May.

Our hardware should be automatically sent a few days before activation, so I do sincerely apologise that you didn't receive yours before your services completed on 26/04/2019. I can see following on from a conversation you had with on agent via our live chat on 26/04/2019, the router was processed for delivery and is showing as dispatched on our system. They are sent Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery but the lead time is 3-5 working days, therefore I'd expect this to be with shortly. Please do let us know when you receive the hardware and we will issue you a downtime refund for the time you have been unable to use the service.

I'll certainly investigate the conversations that have taken place via our live chat as incorrect information should not have been passed on to yourself. If this has happened, feedback will be passed on where appropriate.

If we can help with anything else, just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Absolutely disgraceful service

""This covers your first month of service which means you'll have no further payments due until the end of May. " ?  which May next year ? with no fix for billing mess it may be 12 months before its fixed