cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute rubbish. Zero customer service, we are leaving!

ncarter47

Absolute rubbish. Zero customer service, we are leaving!

Dear PlusNet,
Thanks for nothing! Ever since we have moved we have had terrible broadband, I can't find out why as your questions team take so long to respond and then miss the point! 30 MINUTES to answer the phone! And we will not be paying a penalty to leave you as your product is not fit for purpose.
Bye
6 REPLIES 6
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Absolute rubbish. Zero customer service, we are leaving!

It could be that your house is not fit for purpose, not the product; in which case you will most likely have the same problem with your next ISP.  But I agree that the delay in getting a response from Plusnet is unacceptably long at present.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi ncarter47.
I've taken a look at your line and can see that the speeds are much lower than we'd expect, this is due to Line Banding on your line. Has your connection historically been intermittent that you can remember?
From what I can see we could be seeing a Line Degradation issue, so this could be an external issue which we need to get looked at. Before we would do that, have you carried out any of the internal checks as outlined here: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-i-have-a-fault/?
flexo1966
Grafter

@ncarter47
Would like to know how you get on.
My own experience with plusnet has also been bad, laughable at times.
One of my problems was with my own house and the wiring inside it. I was lucky in the fact that I had a brand new line put in 2 years ago for a fax number.
This line comes in directly to the house so there can no complaints from plusnet that it is a problem at my end. I now get 48Meg but that still falls far short of 63Meg promised.
They also promised some form of compensation which again appears to have been forgotten about.
As for their "customer support" they should be charged under the trades description act.
Very simple things like a family filter should be available but along with that there are many other lacking in there service.
Hope you are able to cancel you contract. As for me I have 15 months left before I can leave.
Steve.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@flexo1966. Have you actually done any tests that have been advised by PN? Roll_eyes
Your purpose seems not to be to help the OP, but to spread your own perceived grievance. I suggest you grow up.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
flexo1966
Grafter

@lucerne
As for growing up I will continue to voice concerns on this forum as long my contract is not serviced. If you wish to slag me off then I suggest you find out the facts of my problems before sending out petty comments and them send a message to me, not have your silly little rant on this page.
If someone is able to get out of a contract without paying for the pleasure then I would like to know how.
As for my own story I have a brand new line into the house and did everything that plusnet has asked, including waiting in twice for an engineer that never turned up. Please don't blame BTOR for this as I pay plusnet to service my contract not BTOR.
plusnet are not the company I thought they were and if I could get out of this contract I would.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: flexo1966
....  I now get 48Meg but that still falls far short of 63Meg promised.

I very much doubt that you were promised a sync rate and even less that it was a throughput rate. However, I do believe Plusnet could be clearer and explicitly state that the speed quoted is:
a) an estimate from the BT database for the line
b) the line sync rate and a speed test download data rate will be less
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.