cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 not supported by Madasafish. Plusnet withdrawing customer support.

rglester

ADSL2 not supported by Madasafish. Plusnet withdrawing customer support.

Once upon a time I was one of the first customers with an ISP (Globalnet) that had fantastic customer service.  This was taken over by Madasafish, which in now part of the BT Plusnet group.    Their customer support team tel call wait times are now averaging approx 40 mins.  In the old Globalnet days it took no longer than 10 minutes.
I have recently asked to be upgraded to ADSL2 (which my exchange supports) and also to be upgraded to a Netgear 2200 router. (which plusnet supports)  I was informed that Madasafish would not support either of these two products for their customers, who as a result were not entitled to either of these products and that I would have to switch to a different ISP (Plusnet)
If anyone else had had this problem with broadband support can they add their comments.  You never know but with enough comments we may get management to change their minds.  Lets give it to Plusnet and Madasafish for their customer support.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: ADSL2 not supported by Madasafish. Plusnet withdrawing customer support.

Hi rglester,
Just wondering what it is that puts you off moving over so much? You can keep your existing email address and there'll be no down time during the switch.
james26
Grafter

Re: ADSL2 not supported by Madasafish. Plusnet withdrawing customer support.

Hi
I moved in nov 2010 and it's been fine, no real hassle etc. Keep old email as well but they do charge £1.60 a month for this keep in mind but they knocked £1.60 off the plusnet bill each month too!
From a cost point of view with plusnet over maaf, save £11 per month. The web site of member part is way better than maaf one, like usge and options too add