cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2 no responce

samuria
Grafter

Re: ADSL2 no responce

So once again if the sister a customer for many years reduces her account from £21 to a pro account she can get adsl2+ but if she continues to pay more she cant get it does this make sense to anyone? Customer loyalty should count for everything you are discriminating against long term customer
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Samuria
you are discriminating against long term customer

Given that she's free to sign up to exactly the same account new customers can, and get exactly the same speeds, I don't see how we're discriminating here?
samuria
Grafter

If you cant see whats happening and how plus net are loosing money there is something wrong. She has been a loyal customer since 2004 paying 21.99 a month good customer services means these customer that have paid your wages for years need to be kept happy.
So the situation is she is paying 21.99 and cant get adsl2 unless she changes here account and pays 11.99 so if 10,000 customers have to pay less to get more plus net loose £60,000+ a year if they had upgraded these customers they would carry on paying 21.99.
She didnt know she had to change product as no one told her. She raised a ticket 31939263 on sunday to get adsl2 but no one has looked at it. She has just changed to the premier will she now get adsl2 as it didnt mention the new speed when she upgraded but she is on the same exchange as me but closer to the exchange but it never mentioned adsl2 in the account change were as mine did.
Can you confirm she will get adsl2 and someone will answer the ticket this year
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A few points.
After 3 months it is £15.99 in a Market 3 Area (£19.99 otherwise) for Premium
The big difference in the 2 products is the free period so they aren't strictly comparable as the old Premier has a 16 hour free period whereas the new product has only 8 hours and that is from midnight to 8.00am
The product shaping on Premier is mostly much less severe than Premium specially in the times when Premier is free and Premium isn't - check here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Samuria
The regrade is due to go through on the 25th, that's her next billing date. As the exchange is 21CN enabled a regrade will be put through on that date when the account change is actioned.
samuria
Grafter

Well I changed my account and it was actioned but I still connect
Connection Status    Connected
Us Rate (Kbps)   448
Ds Rate (Kbps)   7552
US Margin   22
DS Margin   2147483647
Trained Modulation   GDMT
No sign of adsl2+ My router is set to mmode and I have rebooted it when do I get adsl2+
Can you also confirm the sister username cgrey is on the adsl2+
I got a emal from plusnet
Broadband Product Plusnet Premium
Monthly Subscription £15.99
After 3 month(s) your subscription will change to £19.99
Followed by this one
This advance notice is to let you know that a payment of £16.49, for your
PlusNet Internet account will soon be taken, on or after 04/03/2010. This
email is for your information only, as no action is necessary on your part
to complete this payment.
So can we actual get the accounting right it seems the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing. I am on the Crewe haslington exchange I thought this was on the lower rate
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Samuria,
I've just checked on both accounts, at the moment you're on the ADSL1 on 21CN product which explains why you're seeing the g.dmt - I've placed a modify to change you to the up to 24Mbit which will complete tomorrow.
The other account you mention (cgrey) is already on the up to 24mbit service.
As to your bill, unfortunately it looks like the account change put you onto an incorrect market - I've raised a task to get this changed. I'll also refund you the difference as soon as the payment has gone through (unfortunately it's still pending at the moment).
samuria
Grafter

Logged in today and my stats now show
Us Rate (Kbps)   960
Ds Rate (Kbps)   8160
US Margin   6
DS Margin   6
Trained Modulation   GDMT
Do I have to do anything my router is set to mmode and turn on at 1 oclock
My ip profile shows 2 meg even though I have connected at 7300 min for months
I adsl2+ now on or not
sharpyuk
Grafter

Trained Modulation        GDMT

Not if it is saying GDMT
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Samuria

My ip profile shows 2 meg even though I have connected at 7300 min for months

Samuria, this is a known bug when switching to ADSL2, I am astounded they havnt fixed it yet  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes  You will need to either raise a ticket, or phone a CSC, and get them to manually change the profile.  Should still be around 6000, but if you are syncing now at 8160 that should move to 7150, with a throughput of around 6800-7000 shortly.  Your upload of 960 confirms you are on ADSL2.
samuria
Grafter

I have raised a ticket 2 days ago but noone has replied to it
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Your upgrade to ADSL2+ only completed this morning (before that you were on ADSL on 21CN), so you should be seeing that reflected in your router stats.
I've sorted your profile our side now too.
samuria
Grafter

If I set the router to mmode it connects with GDMT  at 8+meg upstream of 996  if I set it to adsl2+ then it connects
Us Rate (Kbps)   762
Ds Rate (Kbps)   7242
US Margin   5
DS Margin   6
Trained Modulation   ADSL2Plus
Why is it slower on adsl2+ is it a matter of it working out the new best speed and will slowly build up o tr am I better with mmode and get more speed. My ip profile has dropped to 5500 even though I connected at over 7meg every time
Mand
Grafter

An upgrade to ADSL2+ restarts the 10 day training period, if you leave it at ADSL2+ modulation I'd expect your speeds to increase.