cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL to 40/2 to 80/20: very pleased

myredhotcar
Grafter

ADSL to 40/2 to 80/20: very pleased

I joined Plusnet in 2013 as an ADSL customer. I had a lot of issues and was never that happy with my connection.
I recently decided to bite the bullet and upgraded to FTTC 40/2 which was activated on the 24th of February. I expected a horrible connection but things went pretty well and I was getting 35-38 down and a consistent 2 up. I pushed ahead and upgraded to 80/20 which was activated today, very pleased with the result:

The switchover took place on the date given, my Hub One turned up in good time and performs well. I used the online chat function a few times before and during the transition and found the service efficient and the staff very polite and helpful.
All in I am very pleased; my only slight gripe is that the service is fairly expensive and I do not appear to have been given any discount as a long-ish term customer.
Ultimately pretty happy though so thanks Plusnet, good stuff  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: ADSL to 40/2 to 80/20: very pleased

Thanks for a good-news story. Smiley
Is your phone service with Plusnet? If so speaking with the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 might be worthwhile.
David
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Awesomeness, thanks for posting. Smiley It is really nice to hear back when things go well. I'm happy that your fibre service is running smoothly. (I envy you, I only get 46 Mb in my area.. Sad ).
If you call our customer options team as spraxyt has advised, if you are still within 14 days from the time you first signed to your new 80/20 contract, they should be able to amend it for you and offer a discount, if we provide your phone service as well, that is.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
myredhotcar
Grafter

Thanks to the both of you, I will do this as pay Plusnet for both services. I'll update the thread as and when  Wink
myredhotcar
Grafter

Just phoned customer options. First time I've actually phone Plusnet I believe; waiting times were low, both advisors I spoke to were very polite and helpful and the cost has now been adjusted and I am very happy with the new price.
So I am now incredibly pleased and unequivocally so. No gripes whatsoever and a very happy customer  Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for the feedback. Pleased to hear calling the COT worked out for you. Smiley
David