cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A word of warning

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

A word of warning

I was with PN for many years seven or eight never had many problems when I did they were sorted fairly quickly Then I was seduces by the bright lights and the free sport and the six months free and I moved to BT didn't think that would be much different as BT own PN anyway I couldn't have been more wrong if I tried. In the nine months I have been with BT I have had two major disruptions to service lasting two weeks with out internet and three weeks without internet and phone. Both were Line and Exchange faults so I expect these would have happened but I know PN wouldn't have taken so long and not given me the utter run around and bull***t from their call centres. So be warned BT is great until you have a problem but then forget it.If your wondering how I am on this forum I still do my e mail and hosting through PN and I will be back with PN at the end of the contract with BT
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: A word of warning

Quote from: Jock
Both were Line and Exchange faults so I expect these would have happened but I know PN wouldn't have taken so long and not given me the utter run around and bull***t from their call centres.

Having had the runaround with the BT call centres I can relate to this statement. At least you will get an honest (if a bit delayed) reply from Plusnet about any issues.
Razorback
Grafter

Like the OP, I too was with PN for many years before being tempted to BT. The couple of times I had to deal with the BT call centre were painful. As soon as my contract allowed I have moved back to PN. The transfer of the both fibre broadband and phone was done seamlessly and to the stated schedule and I am now paying less than half the cost for a bettter package. Smiley
Roadie
Grafter

The remote call centres in India would put me off ever going with BT, am very happy with PN, been with them eight years and any problems I've had, have been dealt with....now there's the kiss of death !  Smiley
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I had problems with BT call centres when my phone service was with BT last year.  I was stuck in limbo without a working telephone for many weeks whilst the call centre agents seemed incapable of making direct contact with Openreach to find out what was (not) going on.