cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very unhappy long standing customer

rookey
Grafter

A very unhappy long standing customer

Right I feel I have to share this with everyone on here..
I have been with plus net for MANY years was even with F9 before it and today I decided the price is too hight and we not getting anything back with all these offers to new customers and elsewhere.
I rang to try and get a deal and nothing so a MAC Code been requested and there was no attempt to try and keep me at all so that shows how much we not valued.
I was told the price I can get my broadband elsewhere is incorrect as it not in my Market Value but this is INCORRECT the price I quote to plus new is the price that been quoted to my via the other provider.
SO looks like it a bye bye plus net and hopefully i take all my friends over to a new provider with me Smiley
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rules mod:end
37 REPLIES 37
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: A VERY UNHAPPY LONG STANDING CUSTOMER

Hi there,
Sorry to see that you're thinking of leaving. I've just had the call listened to, so that I could make sure that we offered everything we could.
With you being in a market 1 area we were simply unable to offer any better deal than we did.
If you do decide to leave I'm sorry to see that and I'll be happy to help with any questions you've got in the meantime.
Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A very unhappy long standing customer

It is disappointing to see that Plusnet don't have a competitive product for those of us unfairly discriminated against on 'Market 1' exchanges, and sad that there wasn't something that could have been done to retain a loyal long standing customer from the 'Force9' days.
Cry
It's not just the price though -

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages
- compared to Plusnet unlimited (on Market 1), with BT for 99p less per month (after introductory offer ends) you also get -
      Free weekend telephone calls,
      Discounted mobile calls,
      2GB cloud service,
      A decent router,
      £25 gift card,
      Free access to "BT Openzone" and "BT FON",
      and the first 6 month free !
Embarrassed
rookey
Grafter

Well it look like Plus Net not that competitive then or not bothered about their long standing customers ...
Here a offer I been offered and I would of though Plus net would come near to that offer.  I be more than happy to pay a bit more but no where near £30 a month that is expensive compare others now

Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 19.00.40 by Rooky5, on Flickr
Being in Market 1 mean nothing it up to the ISP to offer a good deal if talk talk can why cant you.... You got to treat your customer fairly different prices for different market is just plain silly
rookey
Grafter

And here another deal £8 a month for broadband for first 12 month

Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 19.14.15 by Rooky5, on Flickr
rookey
Grafter

SOOO it appears PlusNet just dont want their long stand loyal customers anymore...
No wonder did not win all the awards this year not a surprise is there
steveuk
Grafter

Talk Talk are cheap because there service sucks so bad and when trying to leave them its a god damn nightmare. I only have phone line with them and i had to spend 3 hours on the phone to try and work out why i am no longer on the BT database, The talk talk manager says i am on it and that my line is fine and if i want to move there won't be any issues. Funny cause when i spoke to plusnet they told my my line had been partialy LLU'd.
Talk Talk took over my old phone provider and then decided they would try and lock me in without even telling me, If it turns out i have problems getting the phone sorted with plusnet and have to pay for it then Talk Talk will be getting the bill and i will see them in small claims court.
Only one thing to say about TT = Mickey mouse company
rookey
Grafter

Thank you for your input on this and I will take this into account.
Now how about comparing to BT? Since they offering broadband £8 a month for 12 month.
If only Plus Net would do this I will stay..
adie:quote
steveuk
Grafter

I can't really comment on BT but as they are now offering unlimited on some products it does sound like its worth looking into.
I don't really like BT myself but this has nothing to do with there service and this is why i chose plusnet for my new isp.
rookey
Grafter

And Plus Net is Basically BT now isn't it as BT bough them out I believe
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No it isn't
It operates as a totally independent entity from BT retail
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

In a market one area it's unfortunately not financially viable to be able to offer any lower than we did, it's certainly not the case of for not wanting to give you a competitive deal.
rookey
Grafter

Then how can bt offer it for £8 a month for 12 month then £16 for the remaining 6 month for the 18 month contract.  If you could offer this I would take it
rookey
Grafter

One thing that made me mad was dishonesty I was told on the phone that being in market 1 area no one will be cheap but how come BT can do it? 
James
Grafter

BT don't differentiate between markets in their pricing. They will actually lose money by having you as a customer for the first 12 months.
Just providing a broadband service to you will cost us ~£8.50.  That doesn't factor in usage, staff/building costs, etc. That's just to provide a broadband connection with no usage allowance.