Dabbler

A very nice welcome to your service :)

Went without a hitch, 10am on the dot
and I was greeted with this  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1392200079&v=21677949

Date of Speed Test:
2014-02-12 10:14:39
Download Speed:
73558 kbps (9194.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed:
16712 kbps (2089 KB/sec transfer rate)

7 REPLIES 7
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: A very nice welcome to your service :)

That's great to see, aeschylus
I'm glad everything went smoothly Smiley
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

Jolly good. Mine will go ahead at some point over the next 2 days, as soon as I work out which way up midnight goes.....  Grin
So far this has been an exceptionally positive experience for me, and I'm looking forward to what the speed test says considering I'm 18.2m from the cabinet. (according to the BTO engineer who fixed my phone line recently.)
I've been consistently getting 38+Mb/s since I had FTTC installed in 2010, so looking forward to what comes next.
Whoo-hoooooo!
picbits
Rising Star

It's good when happy customers post back - it just shows it isn't all doom and gloom Cheesy
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

That's often the problem with customer forums. People mainly seek them out when unhappy.
Even after the mix-up with my switch I am still very impressed with how the sign up process has gone compared to the debacle joining my last provider. You just can't beat effective communication.
No-one gets it right 100% of the time. (not even me) Owning up to mistakes and finding a way to move forward is key to gaining customer confidence.
work2live1408

What a joy ! Thanks plusnet.
Just switched from BT. Order process very simple, I've been kept informed about progress by text and email, router arrived on time and set up this evening was straight forward. - including wifi printer and laptop.
I've seen some comments about the technicolour router having limited range but my laptop gets a decent signal through a couple of walls and a floor, so I have no complaints.
If anyone reading this is unsure about changing to plusnet......based on my experiences so far, I'd say 'go for it'.
My phone service is switched over in a couple of weeks then I can start saving some serious money......and I'm getting get a better service...... hurrah!  Cheesy

NedLudd
Grafter

Welcome aboard Aeschylus! Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: tazmaniandevil
That's often the problem with customer forums. People mainly seek them out when unhappy.

And I thought it was because that they couldn't afford to wait hours on the end of a phone line. If they even get an answer.
Seriously though if you are having trouble getting online, an online forum is usually the last result. A direct phone call is generally the first preferred option.
This I imagine is the real reason for many of the angry posts on the forum.