cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tale of 2 orders - identical apart from phone number and location

lesbornais

A tale of 2 orders - identical apart from phone number and location

I am in the process of migrating my account and my parents account over from MAAF to Plusnet and what a difference in the two accounts.
The main differences - different phone numbers and locations obviously - both MAAF customers for years and years, same exchange.
I processed my parents account fully online - used the forms etc and had a new email account generated - there are 'hidden' issues
I processed my account over the phone while ringing about my parents MAC - 15 minutes all sorted, kept same username etc - seemingly no issues.
Now, my parents account was 'created' the evening before mine all online - I'm still waiting for a response to my ticket #61691749, also no email notifications of anything, no idea if fibre visit booked or if router is on its way, let alone ordered!
My account - 'migrated' over the phone, all srted, txt alerts and fibre visit scheduled, router on its way!
How can a company that claims it'll do you proud - fail in such a way on two, essentially identical orders?!?
Can a helpful plusnetter bod have a quick shufty at the ticket mentioned #61691749, as my father won't be a happy bunny if he sees my order progress faster than his - he already thinks MAAF/plusnet love me more!
Thanks  Wink
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: A tale of 2 orders - identical apart from phone number and location

Just nudged our provisioning team for you, there should be an update on there soon. Sorry about the delay.
lesbornais

Thanks Matt.
I have to say I'm impressed so far - I had a txt this morning at about 9am to say my router was on its way, 11am postie knocked the door and handed my wife the router - I know it was dispatched yesterday from the marking on the wrapper - but thats great work from all concerned in the chain.
Now I have to fight the urge to start tinkering before I'm visited on the 16th, and not mention this to my dad!
I've always been impressed ever since joining in the days of freenetname, long may it continue!
lesbornais

I notice my parent router is on its way and the status has changed on the member centre front screen to show the expected switch date.
On my account, however, my router is sat in the house waiting, yet the member centre status isn't showing an expected switch date, just the we need your MAC and these are the dates you'd like info.
I confirmed my parents slot, but not mine (until this morning) and the member centre status changed on theirs.
I think that the SMS/email you send people about provisionally booking the time slot, should mention that they need to confirm as I read it to mean 'Its booked now just wait', but in fact there needs/seems to need to be input from the customer to confirm that the provisionally booked date is OK.
My ticket no. is #61704062 if some lovely plusnetter would like to jump in and 'confirm' my date so I can make arrangements to be home and have the small person out of the way, so Mr OR engineer doesn't have his expensive works gear interrogated by a very hands-on and gadget curious 18 month old!
Also, I know this might be a huge undertaking, but how about giving customers a bit of a heads-up on how fibre installs are going in their areas - are appointments being honoured on 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc attempts. Maybe even if this is done 'softly' by CS agents popping some info on the responses to questions - I know its a lot of info to feed around teams etc, but it may placate some customers in more 'difficult' areas.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked on both tickets for you and can confirm that both appointment dates are confirmed with our suppliers, so the engineers will be attending at those times Smiley I'll update both tickets to confirm for you.
lesbornais

Provisioned this morning by 2 great blokes from Quinns - subbies for OR.
Quick enough to get the gear in and fitted - then we hit a red light on the plusnet router - several phone calls ensued to various internal BT departments to check the line and physical side of things - All OK - suspect the router. They offered to put the line back to ADSL - I refused, said I'd rather keep it on FTTC and sort it from there - at least I'm provisioned!
I then spent a few hours, scratching my head, resetting the routers etc
A PN ad came on the telly - ah ha - phone number!!
Gave PN a call to be told my 'official' switchover will be tomorrow and no chance of an earlier switch - so no internet apart from flakyness over my mobile until tomorrow.
I was hoping to be flying by now, but alas - it looks like it'll be tomorrow!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Got one of our provisioning agents calling our suppliers up now for you to see what's happened. I'm not sure it will be on tomorrow as officially your appointment is still booked in for the 20th - but of course we'll do all we can to get things on for you as soon as possible now you have the modem etc.
I'll update you as soon as I hear back regarding the order.
lesbornais

Hi Matt, It's my account that has been provisioned today and isn't authenticating as my switch day is officially tomorrow on PN systems (pauldoxsey) - my parents account (lesbornais) is due for provisioning/activating on the 20th.
I've confused you by mentioning my problem using lesbornais as my username here.
No need to go shouting at peeps, yet, as there's no problem with the lesbornais account or the appointment.
Just confusion caused by my mixing usernames! Still it shows you guys are very proactive to things. Well done.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

All good, though thanks for the heads up - should have realised really Smiley
Prov agent should be activating your account shortly (I'll feed back on the previous agent for you, we should be able to activate accounts where the order is complete - which in your case it now is) and nothing has changed regarding your father's account so all should be good. Hope you're online shortly.
lesbornais

Smashing. This is why I'll be 'selling' plusnet to everyone I can - the proactive service and the fact that you understand th subtleties of English, that can sometimes be an issue with foreign customer cal centre no matter how good they are.  Wink