cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A rave: Well done, PlusNet, on the VAT reduction

br1anstorm
Rising Star

A rave: Well done, PlusNet, on the VAT reduction

I see most of the post on this forum are rants - which I guess is to be expected.  I just want to contribute a small rave, having just had the email, and seen the announcement, about the reduction in charges following the official VAT rate cut.
Now a cynic would say that this had to happen anyway, and quite right too.  I have no idea whether other ISPs have done the same, but I bet some are dragging their feet.  What struck me was the Plusnet decision that, where the reduction left a fee or subscription with an odd number of pence, they were rounding it DOWN (ie in the customer's favour).  I bet not all providers are doing that.    It may be a small amount for any single individual, but it adds up to quite a total on the Plusnet balance sheet.  I regard it as a significant gesture which reveals something about the company's attitude towards its customers.  So well done Plusnet. 
5 REPLIES 5
mal0z
Grafter

Re: A rave: Well done, PlusNet, on the VAT reduction

I totally agree - well done to PN  Grin
paulby
Grafter

I bet not all providers are doing that.

You're right! 
There are a few who are just going to pocket an extra 2.1% (the effective ex vat price increase if you don't lower the VAT inclusive price).  UKOnline, for example, think it will cause too much disruption to lower their prices.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

They do have a point in that it was a lot of work to re-work all the prices that are used in billing, webpages, images etc..., and I know a lot of hard work, late nights and last weekend was spent by quite a few Plusnet staff in order to get this out on Monday, and I think they all deserve congratulating for it all.  Well done guys.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

woldsend
Dabbler

I agree totally, it may be a small amount in monetary value but a huge amount in good customer relations.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I hope the developers parameterised the new monetary values.
It's going to all have to be done again when VAT goes back up.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."