cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A poor start to Plusnet and thats before the installation

jaseace1978
Grafter

A poor start to Plusnet and thats before the installation

I signed up to Plusnet fibre optic broadband a few weeks ago and was given an installation date today (12th Sept) between 8am-1pm. I contacted Plusnet at 1210pm as I was becoming concerned that the engineer hadn't rang me yet and I was told that this would usually be done 15mins to 30mins before he arrives and to wait until 1pm and if I still hadn't had word then to ring them back, I was also told that the exchange and the fibre cabinet were working and so all that was to do was to sort out the line in the house which shouldn't take long.. I waited until 11pm as I still hadn't heard anything and was told by customer services that although he was late they didn't have details to chase them up and I was put through to order update dept where I spoke to Sam at 120pm who said he would ring the supplier and ring me back within 20 minutes. No call so I rang back at 210pm and was told that I would get a call back shortly which I did and again spoke to Sam who said that he was on the phone to the supplier when I rang and that there was a problem at the fibre exchange which may take upto 48hrs to resolve and my order would be expedited once this was resolved. My issue is the lack of communication I had, if I had missed the appointment I would have been charged £50 but it seems BT can do what they want and leave customers in limbo. As a result of wasting the morning I was late going into work and all in all not very happy with what I have seen so far. So I have no idea how long I am going to have to wait to get my BB installed and I have lost confidence in it already which isn't a good start. Do I stick with it or cancel. Only time will tell.
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: A poor start to Plusnet and thats before the installation

Hi there,
I can see you talked to one of our agents yesterday following this post, I believe the review date for the exchange issues is tomorrow so we'll have an update for you then. As soon as we're able to arrange an engineer to install for you we will do, sorry for the delay.
jaseace1978
Grafter

Well tomorrow has never came as 48 hours later nobody has rang me to update me what is happening. I didn't realise that making a phone call was so difficult. This is now becoming quite frustrating. Even if there is nothing to update on, if I am told someone will contact me within 48 hours, I shouldn't be left in limbo wondering. At the very least my support tickets should be updated.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, sorry about that - just checked on the order and the review date has been set by our supplier as today. There's no updates at present I'm afraid but I'll chase it for you this afternoon and make sure you're advised of what's going on.
jaseace1978
Grafter

The confusion continues. Today at 330pm I returned a missed call on my mobile phone only to find out that it was the BT engineer who couldn't gain access to the house. Well that would be because I was at work and I wasn't expecting anybody to call because I hadn't been updated by anyone. He tells me that the problem at the exchange had been rectified and I would now have to book another appointment (lets hope I don't get charged £50 for a 'missed' appointment). So I ring Plusnet who have no idea why an engineer has called as they hadn't been notified that the fault had been fixed but would ring BT to arrange another appointment. Guess what...no call again after a few hours waiting so I had to ring again only to be told that the only notes on the account were from mid-day today advising that the problem is still at the exchange. I say well how come BT engineer was outside my house waiting to get in? No idea came the reply the notes say that the next review is in 24 hours time and someone will ring you then. But I have been told by BT that the fault is fixed so can't you just ring them and book me another appointment asap because it really has been a comedy of errors so far. I will just have to wait 24 hours because thats what my notes say. Brilliant. Another day of frustration and confusion. Lets hope IF I ever get up running that I don't have any problems. So now I am still currently paying for broadband twice as Plus net charged my £21 in adviance and I'm still paying to my current ISP. Not impressed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not sure what the call was about, but the notes are showing that the issue with the suppliers is still outstanding though we have been advised there'll be an update today. As soon as there is we'll let you know, and sorry for the confusion.
With regard to the first months fee, this has been charged but hasn't started counting yet and won't until the account goes active.
Hope that helps explain things,
jaseace1978
Grafter

No update today. This is now becoming far too predictable. I think a cancellation maybe on its way. Why say you are going to do something when (not for the first time) either I have to chase it up or no-body bothers to ring me.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see that you weren't updated on Friday, I'll make sure you get updated today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jaseace1978
Grafter

Well I finally have an appointment for next Tuesday for the engineer to call. Should have been earlier with all the problems and non-communication issues I have had but apparently there were none for this week. So I will give it one last opportunity to go smoothly, if it doesn't or there are any more hitches then I am going to cancel the order totally. So I won't hold my breath on it. Sad  A still not very happy prospective customer
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Should have been earlier with all the problems and non-communication

Sorry about that, engineer availability isn't directly down to us, we'll make sure you're given a good will gesture as soon as we know your connection is up and running.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jaseace1978
Grafter

Well I'm finally happy to report that BT came out to (as planned) and my fibre optic is now up and running. The first speed test showed a speed of 27mb download and 1.5mb upload. I do expect these to increase over the next few hours and days to the expected 37mb download speed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything continues to go smoothly from here.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jaseace1978
Grafter

Sorry about that, engineer availability isn't directly down to us, we'll make sure you're given a good will gesture as soon as we know your connection is up and running.
Can you let me know when I will receive the promised "good will gesture" on my account as I have already had the initial payment of £21+ from my bank along with a payment for £6.49 and an upcoming one for £28+ and I havent had my BB up and running for a full month yet.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jaseace1978,
I've sent a ticket to you, hope that is satisfactory for you.
Jojo Smiley