cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little disappointed

willw

A little disappointed

Hello all
My partner and I are moving into our first home together on Friday.  We were hoping that all the preparations would go well and it would be an enjoyable process and until now it was.
Two weeks ago I called the Plusnet sales team to order the phone line and broadband for our home.  Half way through the call I was called away by work (I called in my lunch break) so the sales guy said he'd call me back after 5pm that day.  I never received a call.
On Friday 14th I called again to order, I spoke to a helpful guy and was told that as there was a cancel pending on the line they couldn't do anything until it had cleared.  I was told that he would call me back last Friday AM.  I never received a call.
Last Friday at 5:30 I called the sales line for a third time.  I spoke to a very chatty and friendly guy who gladly took my order.  During the call he confirmed my monthly cost a number of times and I placed the order with the view that the line would be active from the 28th.
I noticed about an hour after the call that I had a voicemail message.  Listening to the message I heard the sales guy regrettably inform me that the price he had calculated was wrong as I lived in a higher cost area.  I thought this was odd as we had joked during the previous call about living in a village and everything costing more, I was lead to believe that the price quoted took this into account as we had talked in depth about it.
I got a confirmation yesterday telling me that my phone line was ready.  Alarm bells started ringing at this point as the property that we are moving into still has people living in it until Thursday, they could potentially use the line.
I called early yesterday morning to express my concerns and was advised that the only thing that could be done was to put call barring on the line at a cost of £5 to me.  Nothing else could be done as a department wasn't open yet so I would need to call back again, which I did.
I called in the afternoon and spoke to a very friendly support guy who listened to the story and apologised.  He suggested what he would personally do but advised that he could not as he wouldn't have the authorisation to do anything on the account.  He transferred me to the 'Customer Options' line to discuss this further.
The next gentleman I spoke to seemed to not believe the discussion that I had had with the salesman and said that he would listen to the call and get back to me that afternoon or early the next day (today) to discuss what the next steps were.  He never did.
I called this evening and was transferred to the 'Customer Options' line again.  I spoke to a very polite and understanding lady who took my details.  She looked at my account and said she would speak to the person I talked to yesterday, she put me on hold for 2 minutes and then at 17:30 (closing time) she hung up on me.
Now I like to think of myself as being a very laid back and understanding person but the service I have received from Plusnet so far has been quite frankly shocking!
* A product was sold to me and I signed a verbal contract based upon what I was lead to believe was the correct price.  This is misrepresentation of the most basic form.
* I am paying £3.25 a month more because of above misrepresentation.
* I am now paying for 1 week of services that I did and do not want.
* The blatant lack of respect by not returning calls when advising that you were going to is poor.
I am to be honest shocked by what has happened in the last few days and expected more from a reputable and award winning company such as Plusnet.
I will be calling the 'Customer Options' line again tomorrow, I hope I have better luck 7th time around.
Best regards
Will
6 REPLIES 6
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: A little disappointed

This is a pretty awful tale.  Embarrassed
I'll make sure someone picks this up and and sorts it out for you. 
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm just replying to let you know that I've looked over what's happened here with a fine tooth comb and I'm very sorry to see that there's been a number of issues here.
Now I like to think of myself as being a very laid back and understanding person

I'm very much like that myself which means we can certainly take a lot but we really shouldn't have to. I can see that you've raised a complaint ticket which means our complaints team will need to respond to that and will likely resolve the issue for you. I'm going to go and speak with them now and give them the notes I've collated relating to what's happened here including a timeline and a summary of events.
I've ensured that looking back at what has happened means that we need to pass on some feedback so that we can improve our initial customer journey and make sure you're ot impacted any further and that this doesn't happen to anyone else. However I'm sure that going forward you're more interested in how we can improve on this situation and make amends so I'll make sure we do come up with a plan to get this resolved in reasonable manner ASAP.
Apologies again for the problems you've had
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
willw

Thank you Adam and Kelly, your help is much appreciated.
I was just going to call again but I can see that you are on it and will wait patiently.
Again, thank you Smiley
Will
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I intend to revisit this in the afternoon for you so I'll make sure I get in touch when I have.
Adam.
PS, just a follow up to say thanks for your time on the phone earlier today and I hope the new job and the move goes well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
willw

Yes, thank you Adam for all your help earlier, it was really appreciated!
My faith has been fully restored  Smiley
Thank you
Will
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers,
That's good to hear, I've just placed an order to remove the call barring which should take place this afternoon so the phone service will be ready to use when you move in tomorrow.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team