cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little annoyed

johnnybebad2000
Grafter

A little annoyed

I have been a plusnet customer since 2009 and have the Plusnet Pro package which for £19.99 has a 20gb usage limit.  The last few months due to an increase in streaming tv shows and movies i have exceeded the 20gb allowance and been charged £5 for 5gb more.  My bill for June was £31 as i used 33gb.
I suppose its my own fault for not upgrading my package to the plusnet extra at £11.49 with the 60gb limit then adding on plus pro at an extra £5 per month, but its really frustrating when companies leave you to rot on an old package instead of giving you something better at a cheaper price.  I wonder how much i may have saved over the months had i switched earlier.
I would urge Plusnet to look after your existing customer base as much as you do your new customers, and not become "one of those companies".
9 REPLIES 9
R1chard
Grafter

Re: A little annoyed

"I would urge Plusnet to look after your existing customer base as much as you do your new customers..."
I couldn't agree more.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum Johny
to answer R!chard
they do
I am on an old phone package as that suits me, I dont want to change
Several people in the last few days have also said they want to stay on their old broadband packages
PN e-mail every body when they changes packages.  A lot of people claim they dont, but there is always a copy on you closed items list
matt_2k34
Grafter

PN e-mail every body when they changes packages.  A lot of people claim they dont, but there is always a copy on you closed items list

Correct, and when you sign up PN told you that you should monitor your mailboxes (even if its just your account mailbox) because this is their main way of communicating with you (How would you know of a billing issue, for example)
instead of giving you something better at a cheaper price

Thats why you should check your mail box. OR have them forward your emails to another address you DO monitor.
I would urge Plusnet to look after your existing customer base as much as you do your new customers, and not become "one of those companies".

Check the sig.
Personally i think PN do a good job of communicating, and transparency is something they should remain proud of. So happy ive got two lines at the same premesis...  Roll_eyes
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
We have a product refresh every April, and have done for at least the past 5 years. Emailing about these changes would in general be received as spam but by the same token it's all there on the site, though they are frequently mentioned in newsletters or marketing emails (which you may well have opted out of?)
The only thing we've promised is that we will never change your package without being asking, as by far the majority of users who are on legacy packages have opted to be so. I'm sorry this hasn't been ideal for you though.
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

I'm on an old package which was the old gamers package.  I feel stuck on it struggling to keep my usage down below 20gb which is nothing these days.  To get the same package but with the 60gb new users are on i will have to pay an additional 2.99.  Thats 17.99 for broadband extra plus 5.00  pound for the add on.  How can that be fair.  I have been a loyal customer for over 4 years now and an increase in my usage for no extra cost should be least i should get as the last increase seems like it was years ago.
My contract comes to an end in October and if there are no options of increasing my usage cap without increasing the monthly cost of my broadband I'm sorry to say i shall be leaving.  In these times when families are struggling to keep thir finances down you would think you would be bending over backwards to keep your existing customers.  All i ever see is benefits for new customers and nothing for the loyal old ones.
matt_2k34
Grafter

What Huh
You know you can change package at any time (providing its the same / more expensive)
You can go from PRO to Extra PRO, get the extra usage for price point. its not "for new customers only" its for end of contract / increase in contract customers too.
What has made you think that you cant get the latest offers ?!  Huh
You cant compare the packages, due to how pn is sold its bandwidth, and it has changed drastically since the PRO package was made, (wholesale price is cheaper, so they can give more GBs per £) this has been passed onto the customer as you have stated. PN dont do anything to the legacy packages except increase price at discretion (e.g. Unlimited)
What "benefits" are new customers only? there are many "benefits" which are OLD customers only (Webspace?)
Regards
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

I know i can change packages at anytime but to move to the  new gaming package which is Extra plus the Addon there would be a price increase like i stated in my previous post.  
Benefits new customers are getting are 4 months at lower prices when they join etc.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not ring the Customer Options Team and see what they can offer to give you increased bandwidth at a price you are happy with?
David
matt_2k34
Grafter

you'll probably find they'll do the same deal providing you stick to another contract.