cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A known issue affecting a number of customers on our Unlimited products...

MikeBz
Rising Star

Re: A known issue affecting a number of customers on our Unlimited products...

The cynic might suggest that this makes it harder for anyone considering switching to another provider since they now cannot get a rough idea of what their monthly usage is...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Although I liked the usage stats from PN, I am not too concerned if they are not available - I have BitMeter installed on my laptop and a similar app on the IPad. Between them, I know roughly what I have used, although the IPad obviously records WiFi usage on other networks I connect to.

John
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

So I how do I  measure my internet usage, excluding local usage over a number of PC's over a mixture of wifi and wired PC's  + my TV?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

jab1
Legend

Sorry, @VileReynard - can't answer that, my situation is not as complicated. I was merely pointing out MY situation with regards to the problem. However, if you are on an unlimited tariff, does it really matter?

John
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Should I wish to move to a limited account at a more professional ISP, I won't know the cost because I won't know what usage limit to choose.

So yes, it does matter.

BT shares are currently down 20%, because they "lost" loads of money in Italy - so there won't be any money for Plusnet for years to come!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

MikeBz
Rising Star

Precisely.  That's exactly the process I'm going through at the moment.

jab1
Legend

@VileReynard wrote:

Should I wish to move to a limited account at a more professional ISP, I won't know the cost because I won't know what usage limit to choose.

So yes, it does matter.

BT shares are currently down 20%, because they "lost" loads of money in Italy - so there won't be any money for Plusnet for years to come!

OK, understand where you're coming from with that. I'm just glad I have a simple set-up (and requirements.):smiley:

John
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jab1

Also someone on these forums used the usage figures to spot that their holiday let line was being used when the property was empty. The cause was the security cameras had been hacked and were acting as part of a botnet. Without the usage they would never have spotted that.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT