cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of praise ;)

Calorgas

A bit of praise ;)

Well, I read all the negative PN reviews on various ISP comparison sites, seemingly billions of them!  - and, to be honest, they very nearly put me off joining Plusnet.
But I had a gut feeling that things would be OK, so I went ahead and migrated.
I was previously paying £18 monthly just for BB.  This was to a small independent company with an excellent reputation, both for customer service and also for never traffic managing or throttling speeds.  We live in a small village, a fair distance down the copper wire, and had always assumed that our 5Mb speed was down to the good service provided by our expensive ISP - certainly, it was always a couple of Mb faster than our neighbours.

however the need to save money prompted us to change to PN for phone & BB - and what can I say?  Sync speed is over 7 Mb (never before seen on this line in years of dsl connection) and actual speeds are comfortably over 6 Mb (which, realistically, must be the maximum that this line can support)
So I've apparently been paying an expensive little ISP for nothing! - I wish I'd jumped to PN a long time ago.
Migration was flawless, activation was sooner than forecast, and it was simply a matter of changing router username & password, and reconnecting at a better speed than I've ever had before.
Phone is due to swap over shortly - and I expect that change to be trouble free as well.
Perhaps this is just the honeymoon period  Smiley  - but I have to say that PN has delivered the fastest and cheapest connection that I've ever had in 20 years of net use.
Actually, I can't really understand why so many people are foaming at the mouth with anger about PN - they must have two service levels, and I've dropped lucky, or something  Smiley
Anyway, cheers PN - you have one happy customer, at least.....
6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: A bit of praise ;)

Nice to have a positive post here  Wink
far to often all we see are the bad posts 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Welcome to both the forum & PN itself. The vast majority of we PN customers are, like yourself, absolutely delighted with the excellent service provided by Plusnet. It's only when things go wrong do you read the complaints on here, which is fair enough. However, sadly this does give a mistorted view of the service which PN provides.
We, the silent majority, know the truth. Smiley
Mav
Fixes: 515

I've always found PN to be reliable, helpful and professional. The few times I've had issues they usually been sorted in a timely manner.
I sometime wonder if it's the way PN are approached and how the questions/issues are put to them that makes a difference to what sort of response one gets.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Calorgas,
Welcome to the Forums and to Plusnet! Smiley
Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you're enjoying our services!
If you ever do require any assistance in the future don't hesitate to let us know!
gerryfirkins

Well done PN.  I've just transferred from BT.  Despite it being pay off the same group, I have nothing but praise for PN.  The discussions over the arrangements were easy, polite, well informed, and simple.  The transfer was exactly as described.  The billing is as stated.  No surprises.  No need to contact customer services at all.  Text information is helpful and informative.  And on top of this my bill is 10% of the BT equivalent.
Please pass on my thanks to all involved.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gerryfirkins,
Welcome to the Forums and to Plusnet!
Glad to hear your transfer went smoothly! Thanks for taking the time to post this feedback. I'll ensure your thanks are passed on to those involved!
If you have any queries in the future don't hesitate to let us know!