cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit of a cockup

Bluesplayer
Grafter

A bit of a cockup

Ordered Fibre and a date was set;  in the meantime I had to go away from home for a length of time so my busy sister kindly offered to stay at my house to wait for the engineer - who never arrived.  I created a ticket which was eventually responded to and gave a phone number they could call me on.
I received a phone call from Plusnet and I said I would update the ticket with details of when my sister would be available again.  Seems she had gone on holiday so that was that.  I never updated the ticked as I'm working away from home and access to the internet is limited - not been able to read the ticket system either.  In the meantime another engineer had been booked by Plusnet for a proposed date without waiting for me to agree either on the ticket or by phone (never received any other call bar for the first one) and went ahead with it so the engineer couldn't gain access to my house not just once but twice, each of which I'm apparently liable for a fee of £49.  This would have gone on indefinitely if I hadn't managed to read the updated ticket today.
Now hang on.  Surely Plusnet should have waited for me to agree on  a visit time (s) before sending another engineer around?
16 REPLIES 16
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Re: A bit of a cockup

oops - quoted it all
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Bluesplayer
First of all, I am very sorry for the inconvenience you're currently experiencing.
I will check this matter for you now and get back to you shortly.
Thank you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Bluesplayer
Sorry I couldn't reach you on the phone today.
Your order has been re-appointed and you will not be charged the £49.99 installation fee. We should always clear any appointment dates with you before booking and I apologise that this was not done.
Your new appointment date has been added to your open ticket.
Once again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you experience no further complications moving forward.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: alexdevine
Your new appointment date has been added to your open ticket.

Alex,
For the avoidance of doubt, is this a provisional date which will lapse (that is be not confirmed with BTOR) if Bluesplayer does not explicitly confirm that date?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bluesplayer
Grafter

Quote from: alexdevine
Once again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and hope you experience no further complications moving forward.

Thanks Alex
I accidentally closed the ticket before thanking you.
I'm able to access the internet now to I will keep an eye on the tickets from now on.
Thanks again.
Bluesplayer
AlexD
Rising Star

Hi Townman
I spoke with the suppliers who provided an appointment reference. Though the order is not showing as committed, the allocated date should go ahead. Always a good to clarify either way though.
@Bluesplayer - No problem at all. I shall raise another on the account now so that this can be monitored for you.
Thank you.
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Well the openreach engineer called at the allocated time and the install went according to plan.  Apparently I could get 55MB download and 14Mb upload eventually but at the moment these figures are much lower than that - takes a while to kick in so I was told.
So, all in all, not too bad an experience, just a shame the engineer didn't call the first time.
Just to say that you need access to 2 power sockets with fibre install.  Luckily enough I had a plugin bank of sockets that sorted the problem out for me.  The type of socket bank I used is also a surge protector ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-PLUG-IN-SOCKET-MAINS-INDIVIDUALLY-SWITCHED-ADAPTOR-SURGE-SPIKE-PROTE...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for your comments Bluesplayer.
I'm glad it all got sorted in the end.
Feel free to let us know if the speeds take some time to stabilise.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Bluesplayer, check your Current Line speed (Login required).
It could be that this isn't set correctly if your slow speed comment is based on the results of a speedtest.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Anotherone, that was a brilliant spot.
@Bluesplayer - I have changed your profile speeds which should improve things.
Matty
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Well the speed test results are these ...
Estimated line speed:
   40Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2014-09-27 17:54:50
Current line speed:
   40 Mb

I've run a few online speed tests and my download speed is around 8MB with my upload speed 10-12MB.  I'm more concerned about the upload speed as that is what I wanted the fibre broadband to provide - which is appears to be doing (great) - but the download speed hasn't really improved yet.  Bear in mind I have only had fibre for a few hours.  Will I get a significant download boost eventually?
Wait a min this is over wifi - does that play a part when you use the online testers?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As cliché as it sounds, have you rebooted the router since I updated the profile speeds?
My apologies Bluesplayer, I should have mentioned this in the previous post.
Let me know if there is still any problems.
Matty
Bluesplayer
Grafter

Well it sure has improved now  Smiley .
Around 25-30MB download and 11MB upload.  Those figures are more than enough for me.
Cheers.
Cool
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem.
Sorry that I made it a bit long winded!
Matty