Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big thank you

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

A big thank you

I just want to say a big thank you to those who helped me with my broadband problem.  You know who you are, so i won't mention any names.
I had major problems with slow speed. This was caused by an intermittent connection fault.  Very frustrating - and took a good 2 months to sort out. I am not particularly proud of some of the comments I made on the forum - these were born out of frustration.
However it all got sorted, after the BT engineer came, and I have a great service.  Smiley
Looking back, I realise that PN are in the same situation as a travel agent. They deal with the angry customers,yet they can physically do very little.  BT control the exchanges, and PN act as intermediaries.
For those of you reading this ; I know it seems to take a long time to get any progress. However, if an engineer is called and the problem is in the property, then you get billed BY BT
.  I'm sure it would be easier for PN to make the BT call-out the first option, but how many posts would there be on here because of this when they get the £45 charge because of faulty wiring or a faulty router?
So though I found it frustrating at the time , I can now see why it is done this way. Method in their madness.
Not enough success stories on here, so here is one. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: A big thank you

Thanks a lot rogadodge! I'll make sure the right people get recognised for the good work on this. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I think there are lots of success stories on here but they don't all get the recognition that they deserve.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Maybe we should bring back the Rants&Raves section, I think It was there customers could praise or moan about the service and support?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I too, have been on the receiving end of a long protracted fault, and agree the main culpret is the BT monster.  In all essence PlusNet and every other ISP reselling BTs product are basically held to ransom by them. It NEEDS to be sorted and BT put back in their place, and made to serve the customer.....  But.......  I feel just recently there needs to be distinct improvement in Plusnets firstline customer service.  There is just no taking of ownership for more drawn out faults.  What I would like to see is a member of the faults team take ownership of particularly troublesome faults, and also then allow the customer DIRECT contact with them, rather than having to go through the whole fault again with a CSC agent, and them be promised a call back.  We shouldnt be having to resort to forum posts to get faults resolved, although all admiration to Adam etc who do their utmost to get things sorted.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Maybe we should bring back the Rants&Raves section

We renamed it feedback, feel free to go and rant or rave in there if you feel the need Smiley
We shouldnt be having to resort to forum posts to get faults resolved, although all admiration to Adam etc who do their utmost to get things sorted.

Thanks a lot Pendfold, BT haven't changed the way we do support, what has changed is the scale on which we do such things, that's the challenge we're facing at the moment and I want you to know that the digital care team (myself, Chris, Matt, Jojo and Bob) are doing all we can to take feedback of both good and bad stories from here back to the agents who dealt with them, likewise any suggestions for improvement also get taken very seriously and we'll always try and change what we can for the better.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Adam I think It could of been the Testimonial section? If so I already gave a positive testimonial on there about a year ago Cheesy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
thisoldman
Grafter

Wink      i would love to see Mand swing her handbag at the people who  make so many mistakes.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Mand doesn't swing a Handbag! AFAIK it is a Persuader though it has sometimes been referred to as an Enforcer.
Mind you, after this week's Granny'Hero incident, a Handbag may be even more effective.