Did you mean: 

95% happy ..... but

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 95% happy ..... but

Hi JaneC,
I'll do my best to answer your questions for you:
1) That's generally down to how these faults work. We pick up the ticket and escalate it to our suppliers, from that point we're dependent on them for a fix. All we can do is await information on the fault, which usually doesn't come until after the ERT (estimated resolution time) the fault is given or an engineer has attended. In this case it looks like the fault was given an ERT of the 18th December, we were then advised that unfortunately no engineers were available until the 19th, which was then pushed further back to the 24th due to engineer availability in your area. Basically that's been the cause of the delay, really sorry about that.
2) I'm afraid we're not sure why, as per the above. Usually we'd receive a request to book an engineer visit as part of the fault investigation but in this case it looks like when the engineer was sent no visit to your premises was deemed necessary hence it wasn't booked with us and yourself. I suspect the engineer attended though because when he investigated he found a visit was needed.
3) That's down to the notes we get on the fault - we can only go by what we're told I'm afraid. We're given a date for a fix, we check the notes on that date and advise of what we've been told. Sorry it's not ideal.
4) Again, down to the process - we can't get any information on a fault until either the ERT given or the date booked for an engineer is past. If we check or chase for notes there won't be any available.
5) That's because we're extremely busy at the moment. As has been stated on here before, we are recruiting and have recently opened a second site in Leeds as well as taking all possible measures to reduce call and ticket wait times. We know they're not ideal at the moment, unfortunately though an instant fix isn't really possible for this sort of thing. Really sorry about the delay though.
I hope that helps.