cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 months and still waiting for my broadband to work!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 9 months and still waiting for my broadband to work!

Plusnet have told you that it isn't a sync speed issue as you are consistently syncing at a good speed. I've posted a suggestion of a test that identify what's going on.
We've seen instances before where the customer was blaming Plusnet and it proved to be the users fault - all you had to do was confirm that the grey bar isn't getting ahead of the red - it didn't need a rude response.
Have you found that the problem is worse at any particular time of the day? Have you checked the status of the exchange?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MPR
Dabbler

No it is you who is being rude Jelv, and on an open forum for everyone to read.
This is a superb example for everyone reading this chain of the ineptitude and ignorance of the plusnet customer service team. It simply beggars belief that problem after problem is met with such an attitude. It really is an incredible display of the one very slow irritating pace which a customer faces when something goes wrong. In my case it went wrong the moment I switched to plusnet 9 months ago.
Only 3 more and I can leave without penalty.
Anyone reading this who is thinking about becoming a customer should think again. The company is simply not fit for purpose!

If you read the notes pertaining to my case you will see that I have called Plusnet over 20 times in 9 months. I have had two faulty routers and am waiting for a third (It was supposed to be ordered on the 4th of September 2013 but the person I talked to forgot to do it) I have constantly fluctuating speed on my line and so it is clearly not a user issue is it?
I have not checked the status of the exchange because I have never been asked to check the status of the exchange. You would think that this would be something which, if it were important, may have come up in one of the 20 calls which I have had to make to Plusnet since becoming a customer in January wouldn't you?
So now we have that sorted and now I know which your favourite You Tube clip is, what is it exactly that Plusnet is going to do for me? Apart from condescend of course.
Please get this issue into the hands of a complaints manager who can take the matter forward and resolve it. Please do not ignore this request again.
zubel
Community Veteran

You do realise Jelv is another customer, and not a Plusnet rep?  From your replies it doesn't seem like you do.
Other than that, I'll leave you to your rudeness. There is plenty of help available on the forums, but I'd be surprised if anyone would bother now.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Only those who have posted in this topic and have Plusnet Staff under their forum names are employed by Plusnet. That doesn't include jelv, nor myself - we are just customers. Only staff have access to your account details. These are community forums and the posts by community members are intended to help. Many users find such posts helpful, though clearly you don't.
Since you seem to want to raise a complaint you could take a look at the Complaints Code of Practice for information.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: MPR
If you read the notes pertaining to my case

If you want me as a non-Plusnet employee to do that you'll have to PM me your Plusnet login name and password.
Failing that I'll do as I would for any other fellow Plusnet customer, I can only post suggestions based on the information you have posted in here.
MPR
Dabbler

No missed that completely. Please accept my apologies Jelv, I thought that you were plusnet. Bearing in mind that you are not, my responses are completely inappropriate.
The whole matter is just making me so angry and plusnet are just so complacent it really is unbelievable.
The reason for posting on here after all of this time is to actually get plusnet to act. After speaking to shed loads of people on the phone you just go round and round and round. Nothing actually gets solved and you are just stuck in limbo.
Anyway, sorry again.
MPR
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt

Since you seem to want to raise a complaint you could take a look at the Complaints Code of Practice for information.

Yes cheers for the link mate, I will have to do just that I think.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: MPR
Please accept my apologies Jelv,

Accepted.
Have you been able to determine if the variability is time dependant? If it is something to do with that I would have expected this Wednesday evening just gone to have been pretty bad (see graphs on http://www.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml - something to do with 22 men chasing a ball around I believe). Early in the morning (say before 8am) should be good.
The BBC iPlayer diagnosticis a pretty realistic test and would be a good comparison.
MPR
Dabbler

Cheers Jelv
No I have not been able to determine anything conclusively along the lines of time really although its tricky because I do seem to have two issues which are possibly acting together or possibly not. But also it does seem to have no pattern at all. I can have a problem in the middle of the day or at night. It doesn't seem to matter really.
When you first posted that speed test link I got a download speed of about 5400 kbps but just now I get 6742 kbps. In both cases it is lower than advertised (I am supposed to be getting about 8.0) but I understand anywhere around 5 should be more than enough to watch iplayer or You Tube without loads of buffering etc. In previous cases I have recorded as low as 3.5 on the BT wholesale speed tester.
I am watching You Tube just fine at the moment incidentally.
The second issue is then the router which will just stop working altogether. Initially plusnet told me that this was the way the router worked and it just needed to be reset (preferably every week). I have never had to do that with any other router. In the end the first one just stopped working.
I am waiting for the third router to arrive to see if that stops the problem as it is happening with the second router (although less frequently).
Could the problem simply be a hardware issue?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You are syncing at 8128 with a 7150 profile which makes me think you must be on a 20CN only exchange (same as me). The best speed you can hope for when you take in to account all the overheads etc is around 6.9 - I typically get around 6.6 - 6.7 on speed tests from my 8128 sync.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi MPR,
I am sorry that our faults team haven't looked into this as they should have, which is what we're offering to do here. As I said already I can't arrange for a complaints manager to call you, you'd need to follow the process for that which it looks like you are now doing?
I would however like to give you a call to discuss this if that's alright with yourself? If you let me know when is a good time I'll do so.
MPR
Dabbler

Quote from: jelv
You are syncing at 8128 with a 7150 profile which makes me think you must be on a 20CN only exchange (same as me). The best speed you can hope for when you take in to account all the overheads etc is around 6.9 - I typically get around 6.6 - 6.7 on speed tests from my 8128 sync.

Cheers Jelv ,
So at those speeds, would you expect, all other things being equal, that everything would be fine?
MPR
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Hi MPR,
I am sorry that our faults team haven't looked into this as they should have, which is what we're offering to do here. As I said already I can't arrange for a complaints manager to call you, you'd need to follow the process for that which it looks like you are now doing?
I would however like to give you a call to discuss this if that's alright with yourself? If you let me know when is a good time I'll do so.

You can call me anytime today Matt.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, just left a message on your mobile, sorry it's later than I'd hoped. I'm about until half 5 today or could call tomorrow, just let me know the best time to do so.
MPR
Dabbler

I am free now Matt until the end of the day.