cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

82 year old with hearing difficulty left with no means of communication

woody321

82 year old with hearing difficulty left with no means of communication

Hi just joined broadband and asked plusnet to check the line before taking out a contract as was in a dispute with talktalk who never got me connected
Everything was going exceptionally well excellent service and then with no notice line went dead
My father is unaware of this as we cant communicate with him as not like all people he hasnt got a mobile and has to have a special phone from the rnid for general communciation
What happens if he has an accident or there is a major emmergency!!
not happy at all    Sad Sad Sad Sad and  Angry Angry Angry and  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked at this service
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: All CAPS amended, as per the Forum Rules as it is considered shouting.]
5 REPLIES 5
scootie
Grafter

Re: 82 year old with hearing difficulty left with no means of communication

could it be connected to this fire at a bt node?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

woody321,
We do have an order in place to activate your father's service on 7/4/10. I have checked the details of this order and can't see any issues so it would seem that there is an issue with the Talk Talk service and we can only recommend raising a fault with them at this stage.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: woody321
not like all people he hasnt got a mobile

It's worth seriously considering whether he can use a mobile in any way, either with an audio loop or texting, it's a very useful backup. Then get him one.
We have supplied my very elderly (91 and 98) and infirm in-laws with 2 simple-to-use mobiles as emergency backups, they cost effectively almost nothing on a PAYG contract. On every visit we check they're working and charged and make a call to keep the contract "live" (I manage it financially online).
That said, if he's affected by the Paddingtom issue noted above many mobile networks are down too. I guess BT are working as hard as they can to reinstate emergency services then the rest.
The next level of fallback are the "emergency button" type monitoring services; we're looking at these at present for the in-laws as things get tougher for them.  Sad
scootie
Grafter

The next level of fallback are the "emergency button" type monitoring services; we're looking at these at present for the in-laws as things get tougher for them. 

there very useful esp if a neigbour is on the contact list
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning all,
Just wanted to advise that both the phone and broadband orders for this customer are still in progress for completion tomorrow. We will perform another check tomorrow before confirming with them to see if everything has gone to plan.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team