cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: 8 Week to get a TeleLine/ADSL - REALLY ??

.......what?
I'm not sure why you've been told this, my apologies. I'll feed back. We've documented on the ticket correspondence that an expedite has been authorised by a team leader already.
My colleague is aiming to get it done for you tomorrow, or Thursday at the very latest.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StuartUK35
Grafter

If that's the case Matty, i'll send u a beer (sealed) in the post! Smiley Smiley Smiley
StuartUK35
Grafter

Removed, got my question answered....
StuartUK35
Grafter

Matty (or any other PN staff)
Can you run the tag checker on my line please and confirm if PN have the tag for ADSL, or if it is still showing pending ?? (install set for today, but I got told it was complete 90 minutes ago).. Theres a reason I need to know if u have the tag on the line.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our tag shows on the line shortly after the order being placed. If you're asking whether we actually have any ownership of the asset yet, then they usually deal with that within the standard lead time, AKA the 20th. They usually aim to provide the connection first, then deal with the clerical bits after when it comes to an expedite.
Are you ok to elaborate on your reason for asking?

EDIT: Are you looking to regrade to fibre?
StuartUK35
Grafter

I want Fibre, but unlike anywhere else where it shows u can get fibre, I check daily and have done so since 1st March....
1 day Fibre is available, then following its not, then it is, then its not for a few days, then it is, then its not for 1 or 2 days, then it is, then its off for a week, etc......
Yesterday it was showing not available....
Today all resellers are showing Fibre as available.....
Was hoping that the ADSL marker was showing PN as owning the tag, and that lets me upgrade via your website to Fibre.....
I spoke to someone on the phone earlier in PN, who said the tag was showing as PN.... and he said I could order fibre through the website...  which I did, which then got cancelled 10 min's later.......
After being a 80/20 customer with PN since Sep 11 in my old house, going back to stone-age ADSL Max isn't what I want, but had to accept it while BTOR learn what linecards are....  Tongue
Cos Fibre is showing today, and its what we want, I was trying to get the order going, but if like u said, the adsl order still shows as pending and not signed off, then I cant order fibre Sad
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, let me take this on. We won't be able to order it until your order officially completes. This won't be until Monday.
I'll place your order for you as soon as we get the facility to. This could potentially be quite late on on the Monday, so please bear with us.
Ticket 100299360 refers.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Cheers Dude Smiley
StuartUK35
Grafter

Router arrived Cheesy
StuartUK35
Grafter

Finally on-line at home..
Took a 45 min call to PN earlier to get them to Activate the account mind! Sad
Feel's like I just stepped back into 2003 !!  4.5mb download and 0.38mb upload, wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Your upload may be capped, do you have line stats from the modem/router?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Got this nasty 50p router from PN (sagecom ?)
Very doubtful it lists stats!!
Not fussed anyway, as now I got a teleline, and hopefully Matty C is on the ball, I should hopefully go through a time-warp and get real internet connectivity real soon....
Ideally, am hoping that when the fibre order goes through for me, the guy does the work at the Cab to enable the pair, and once done, I don't care for no-shows after that...
I have x2 vdsl modems and a Cisco EA6300 router just waiting to connect to fibre..... Although, come to think about it, the BT guy fitted a new faceplate in the office and said its the new master... but its single socket, not the VDSL Faceplate.. hmmmmmm
Just as above posts from me, the dbase for availability (FTTC) is now showing not available...  dog eat dog.....
Missis watched Poldark on her ipad last night....  with my desktop wired in to router and a constant ping going to bbc, as soon as she watches something on iplayer, ping goes from 35 upto between 2300 - 3035ms !!  haha !!!  Shocked  Shocked  Cheesy
Rebel48

Totally agree guys why not contact WHICH I have and they having a look , before I even signed up informed plusnet there was an old cable issue around here and cud they match speeds I got from BT no way rarely get 3MB and I took my case up with OFCOM  eventually after 3 engineering visits I got a hi tech check you know costs 1000 s he found faults under manhole 100 feet away , I am approx. 250 metres away from exchange and users at top of my street on infinity have speeds slower than DSL  crazy pockets are being left as a big push here to get area done as local authority funding , buts its ridiculous load of nonsense haf time more complain to councils and which as they recommending them as best time they knew about such cases I wanted CEO  addy too no chance.
I  asked to switch back and told would not get refund of years in advance line rental and would have a further £52 for cancelling this is a damned joke as they kept askinorkedg for more time so then told was too early to switch back , but before that by about 3 weeks I was told the opposite so much for small company, think I copy all these as evidence because of conflicting info from them or pure lies. cant request mac code online or by text though they accept that to become a customer,
I am a part disabled retired veteran and profoundly deaf so cannot phone them , as cannot hear on landline , I am quite surprised and actually disgusted especially as a Yorkshire company , even being in south west Scotland, I actually watched MORRISONS construction working outside our exchange and was comical kids would have worked harder, enough lets get a petition up one of you IT Smart guys.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@StuartUK35
It's Matty's day off today but he's in tomorrow so I'm sure he'll get that looked into for you
@Rebel48
I can see you have a fault raised and we've requested times for a engineer. Can you advise when your available by replying to the fault ticket?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: StuartUK35
Just as above posts from me, the dbase for availability (FTTC) is now showing not available...  dog eat dog.....

Arggggggggggghh. This is annoying. Well when the checker is showing random dates of resolution (such as the date showing now), it occasionally comes back earlier. Keep checking back on the checker and we'll keep our ticket correspondence open.
Matty