cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 months of problems has forced me to cancel my direct debit

killyfish
Dabbler

7 months of problems has forced me to cancel my direct debit

I think the time has arrived to seek another provider due to constant broadband problems and a phone service that only now they clame to have fixed?
Cross Talk since I joined last November and slow broadband, there are other posts of mine on here but seem to fall on deaf ears.
Today I get an email stating that the phone line is now fixed, I will not know this until this evening when the other people start making calls the same time as me. The broadband is still averaging 400kbps - 700kbps, meaning that sites such as Youtube and BBCI Player will always stop and start whilst buffering, in fact most websites these days are built to a standard demanding an average speed of 2mbps to view it's content with comfort.
So has my package Plusnet Premium 80gig per month with speeds up to 8mbps served me well? urrmmmm let me think....NO!
Everybody else in my street gets a minimum of 2mbps, plusnet allow me a measly 1.2mbps when it works. I will point out though that I actually had a fast speed of 2.7mbps in the first week or so with plusnet, so what happened? Before plusnet we had BT who gave us similar speeds with no problems at all.
So for the last 6 or 7 months I have been paying plusnet my cash (average of £40 - £50 per month) for a below average service whilst reading the constant emails and texts they send advising me that the fault is currently being looked at, oops sorry it has now returned to the faults pool again and so on.
I suddenly woke up a few days ago and thought to myself why am I still paying these guys? I took action and cancelled my direct debit and advised them that I will refuse to pay until they sort my faults out and give me a service they promised me when I first signed up.
Well it seems now that I am now unable to answer any questions in my control panel until I have paid this months bill, all I wanted to do was send them a screenshot of the latest BT Speed Test that advises poor speeds. When working for NTL (Virgin Media), we would offer weekly discounts until the fault is resolved, plusnet on the other hand don't give a toss about the standard of service, it's a clear case of just give us the money or else!
12 REPLIES 12
Mand
Grafter

Re: 7 months of problems has forced me to cancel my direct debit

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the issues you've had with us. I've just tried to call you but unfortunately you were unavailable.
Regarding the fault itself, is this still ongoing? Our suppliers confirm that they've cleared a phone fault, which will then have a positive impact on your broadband.
I'd be happy to take ownership of this for you and ensure it's resolved to your satisfaction.
With regards to the failed billing scenario, your service will continue uninterrupted, but the member centre redirect is there to alert you to the fact that there is an unpaid bill.
I'm happy to discuss this, but at least parts of the bill will need to be paid (call charges and the like).
killyfish
Dabbler

killyfish
Dabbler

If you amend my bill then I will gladly pay it right now.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm in the process of getting the bill amended.
Can you confirm whether the phone problem is fixed?
Mand
Grafter

The invoice has now been amended, and just reflects phone charges now.
Is there a good time to call you? I'm sure we could sort this out quicker over the phone. Smiley
killyfish
Dabbler

The phone fault I will not know until we use it, we normally get cross talkin the mornings and evenings.
I have logged out and logged back in and checked the bill via control panel but nothing has changed in regards to the bill.
As for speaking on the phone making things quicker and easier, well in all honesty the way I feel right now due to the stress of these never ending problems, I would not want to insult you, i think this method keeps the stress levels low for all of us. Cry
Besides that, I never answer withheld numbers.  Lips_are_sealed
Mand
Grafter

Understood.
I've added an update to your ticket re the bill, and will be happy to deal with the phone fault if it's not resolved. You'll need to confirm for me later though.
killyfish
Dabbler

Ok I have received your text in regards to the discounted bill but the control panel does not show these changes?
Mand
Grafter

I'm not sure that the portal page gives the amount? So wouldn't expect you to see any changes there. It's as per the text and email I've sent you though.
killyfish
Dabbler

The page I first get is "Sorry to interrupt your browsing…
You have been brought to this page because we've got an important message about your PlusNet service.
Your last subscription payment could not be taken. As a result, we've put your account on hold until the overdue amount is paid. Until you arrange for this overdue subscription to be taken, you will continue to see this page. "
I then click on "Arrange Payment" and it takes me to "Pay your outstanding subscription to reactivate your account" and it is here that is displays the "Payment Due" where the amount has not changed?
Mand
Grafter

Ah, that won't show the credit because it was applied after the invoice was raised. I'm happy to process the payment at the amount I advised, or you can ring our support centre and pay it via them?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Plusnet are not in control of their accounting/billing systems. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."