cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 days for a broadband order after phoneline install

mohbrijesh

7-10 days for a broadband order after phoneline install

Its hard to believe that it takes 7-10 days for a broadband to be active. I dont understand it, and believe shouldnt take more than a day. My previous experience with Virgin was that it was done instantly as soon as i plugged my hardware.
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: 7-10 days for a broadband order after phoneline install

Welcome to the Forums,
Does the line currently have broadband or was it Virgin cable?  BT are the ones that take that time, sometimes actuates earlier
mohbrijesh

I had ordered a new line from plusnet. I have just moved into this house and it dint have a BT line. Took 8 days for line install and now they are telling 7-10 days for broadband. i had ordered it on 17th January.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Sadly that's the way that BT Openreach do the provisioning.  First the basic telephone line, then hand over to a different team to do the Broadband link at the exchange.   There is a mechanism to do a 'Simultaneous provide', but I gather it fails as often as it works Smiley
BT are still at the Block Capital stage of service provision - The joined up writing style of service provision is on the agenda for 21CN. Crazy
It's all possible within their backend systems just not well implemented?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mal0z
Grafter

Welcome to the forums
They say it can take upto 7 days or 14 if you are to use direct debit. and no CC/DC for initial payment
They check that bank will accept DD before they place order on BT wholesale.
Then they check your line can use broadband, and that the number you gave is in fact at the address you gave.
Once this is done they initiate the order and BT say it will take a few days - because a technician has to visit your exchane and put the jumper cables onto the line from the ADSL equipment.
In practise it can take several less days if things all go to plan. My two installation took about 5 days.
So lets hope the same happens to you
I hope I got all this correct a PN staffer may confirm..
[edit]  have a look at this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,83438.msg687060.html#msg687060 ; [/edit
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The order is progressing (placed on the 10th to complete on the 17th).
Unfortunately this is the standard lead time for a broadband order, and cannot be done any quicker without encountering significant costs (£100+).
mal0z
Grafter

presumably for a special visit to an exchange - they are not all manned, but get a visit once a week. Or at least our village one does.
mohbrijesh

The rental has been taken even before the broadand has been installed. Plustnet seems to be very fast in taking money but not giving fast connection for which they have many exuses. No bobody pays for honesty of telling thats its normal to install in 7 to 10 days. We pay for services not for honestly telling that thats your process and will get delayed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mohbrijesh,
We do take the first months fees prior to the install for both broadband and home phone, however we don't start counting the first month until the respective service goes active. Basically we won't take any more fees until the service has actually been active for a full month.
Hope that reassures you,