cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 mins hold time for residential support, less than 60 seconds for business !

ianoffwell
Dabbler

60 mins hold time for residential support, less than 60 seconds for business !

I think the subject header says it all. There is no excuse for these call wait times when there is clearly resource sat in business support twidling their thumbs waiting for calls. Simply move the resource around - simples! I really feel sorry for staff who are working in residential support who are no doubt getting the flack from this abysmal service. The residentail support message also states that Plusnet are opening a new call centre to cope with demand. It's actually opened already, so why haven't they updated their IVR message? It could for example say "sorry about the long call wait times, this is due to us not employing staff because like bankers, we are rapatious and don't give a monkey's about you". At least that would be more honest.  I am leaving Plusnet and I have two accounts in essence. They're basically BT anyway and I always hated them. But before I do leave, I am contacting OFCOM.
7 REPLIES 7
ianoffwell
Dabbler

Re: 60 mins hold time for residential support, less than 60 seconds for business !

oh, and if Plusnet want to call me to discuss my account - don't do it on my landline as this is down AGAIN! Hence why I was trying to get through to your woefully resourced contact centres Angry
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: 60 mins hold time for residential support, less than 60 seconds for business !

Plus Net business customers pay a premium rate for the business support desk service. You  are welcome to pay the higher fees should you want to gain access to it.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
behaviourneeds
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
You  are welcome to pay the higher fees should you want to gain access to it....

Exactly - I feel sorry for the residential customers at the moment but as a business line owner I would be mighty miffed if my call wait time shot through the roof.  That said I have had no reason to speak to the recently..
Cheers
chrcoluk
Grafter

I rang BT on a sunday evening regarding my cancellation, and the wait time for 9pm sunday on BT is shorter than 9am on plusnet weekday, that is very telling.
Also its probably the same staff dealing with business/residential but probably the business customers are put to front of queues when they call in.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: chrcoluk
Also its probably the same staff dealing with business/residential

Not when I last visited.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think it's a dedicated team during normal office hours but diverts to the residential support staff out of hours (but goes to front of queue).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ianoffwell
Dabbler

Quote from: AlaricAdair
Plus Net business customers pay a premium rate for the business support desk service. You  are welcome to pay the higher fees should you want to gain access to it.
There are other reasons business customers pay more, so this reply is totally inaccurate. I think you know that it any case. My original response to your post ws moved by the moderator so I'll leave it to your imagination what was said.