cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Weeks to Activate Phone/Broadband ????? WHY???? and..Keep Taking My Money!!!

Cheryl1961

6 Weeks to Activate Phone/Broadband ????? WHY???? and..Keep Taking My Money!!!

I signed up on 7/1/20011, have paid everything up front (as required), tormenting me for initial payments (which will go tomorrow), original activation date was 24 -26 Jan' (which I wasn't pleased with to start with). But couldn't do anything about it because they had already taken my money!! Then received a phone call saying the engineer couldn't come till 18th Feb' !!!  Stroppy advisor on phone talking to me like I should be grateful they are coming at all. !! Saying Plusnet would activate my phone and broadband on the same day (as if they are doing me a favour).
Now just been looking at how long everything should take from initial sign up and guess what? With no previous provider for either phone OR broadband, phone line should only take 5 days and broadband activated a few days later.  So excuse me for being ANGRY!!!! What's the problem????
I am looking to CANCEL.  But Plusnet have got that covered too, because if I cancel "I" will get charged!  As far as I can see, Plusnet have not delivered the goods and NOT going to for another 5 weeks!!
Legal advice me thinks!!!
Very, very, very ANGRY!!!!
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rules
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 6 WEEKS TO ACTIVATE PHONE/BROADBAND ????? WHY???? AND..KEEP TAKING MY MONEY!!!

These are community forums - shouting at all your fellow users isn't going to get you anywhere!
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_caps
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Cheryl1961

Re: 6 Weeks to Activate Phone/Broadband ????? WHY???? and..Keep Taking My Money!!!

I apologise for shouting.  But I also take offence at your comment  ".....wont get you anywhere". 
Thanks for the link, I will take a look.  Hopefully I will get some kind of explanation and get my activation date brought forward.  Will post the outcome.
Thanks...
Mand
Grafter

Re: 6 Weeks to Activate Phone/Broadband ????? WHY???? and..Keep Taking My Money!!!

Hi there,
Ordinarily we would look to get your phone line installed within 10 days.
However, our suppliers are having major delays at the moment, particularly in your area. This is mostly to do with a massive backlog from the period of bad weather where practically no orders were fulfilled in a two week period, plus the usual delays from the holidays. This obviously has major knock on effects.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to bring this date forward. This problem is affecting all ISP's who use the BT network, so cancelling your order with us and placing it with someone else would just push the date further back.
As for the billing, you've had two invoices raised, one for the phone install and one for your broadband initial fee. This is normal, and is explained in the signup journey.
Cheryl1961

Thanks Mand, though I still think 6 weeks is excessive.  And although I would accept that it could affect sales, I think customers should at least be informed of this delay at sign-up as it is the customer who will be charged for cancelling.
Thanks
Mand
Grafter

I agree, the problem we had in your case was due to the systems used, we request an appointment based on the minimum lead times (10 days in your case), and we get assigned the earliest actual appointment in your area.
We're moving to a live appointing system soon, which will solve the communication problem, but sadly not the delays.