cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 cashback fiasco

francoplusnet

£50 cashback fiasco

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.
I signed up for a new plus.net account on the 13/7/2012. At the time, Plus.net were running a '£50 cashback' promotion, which I was told I was legible for. I was told I would receive this in the post. I did not want to kick up a fuss, as I expected they were probably busy, so did not chase this up till about 2 months later - when I contacted them. I was sent this message:
"Thank you for contacting us.
Once both your Plusnet Broadband and Home Phone services have been active for 30 days, we'll send your cheque to the address you provided when you signed up.
Your cheque was generated on the 2012-08-20, and we’ll make every effort to get your cashback to you as soon as we can, it could take up to 30 days for your cheque to reach you. Bearing this in mind, you can expect to receive your cheque by next week."

- which was similar to the message I'd heard from the nice lady when I signed up. However, still nothing. I again queried this with them and received this message:
"We're sorry to hear that you haven't received the £50 cashback.
Having looked into this for you an e-mail will have been sent to you allowing you to claim the cash back within 30 days of your services going live with us.
Sadly if no contact is made by you to claim this within 2 months of your order with us we are unable to fulfill this promotion as per the terms and conditions of the promotion.
As your order was placed on the 13/07/2012 and your services went live on the 13/07/2012 sadly this has now gone over the 2 months claiming period outlined in the terms and conditions of the promotion; the closing date for claims under this promotion was on the 26/09/2012. As such sadly we wouldn't be in a position to process this claim for you.
In reference to the information supplied on the 14/09/12, I am sorry to say that this information was incorrect and that the agent in question no longer works for ourselves.
We can appreciate that this may be frustrating however sadly we do have to abide by the terms and conditions of the promotion."

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I intend to chase this up, because I find this excuse absolutely ludicrous.
Franco
7 REPLIES 7
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: £50 cashback fiasco

Theres a few people had issues with this one since i joined PN 4 months ago, i also had to contact PN support to report that i had not been sent any info about the cash back offer, basicly if u dont pester them about it they "forget" to send u it. Altho i did get mine i still had to go out of my way to ask them about it. Infact if u check the forums theres a few unhappy customers have had to chase up plusnet in order to get their cashback deal which i feel is totally wrong.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Franco,
Sorry to hear that you still have not received your cashback offer. I will chase this up as everything I can see from your account that you were informed that the cheque would be with you with-in 30 days on the 14th September.
Unfortunately the people I need to speak with to follow this up are on annual leave until Wednesday. I will make sure this is the first thing they look at when they're in.
As soon as I've got an update on Wednesday I will be in-touch.
Apologies again.
Any questions  please ask.
Chris
francoplusnet

Yes please do. I will wait to hear on Wednesday.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This is being chased up for you as I speak, once I have got an update today I'll let you know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your cash back offer has now been sorted for you, you'll receive your cheque within the next 30 days.
Sorry for the delay.
If there's anything else I am do please let me know.
Chris
francoplusnet

Thanks Chris!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

And just to embarrass Chris (hopefully) he did that on his day off too.
Brownie points for dedication Mr Purvey Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team