cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Minutes to get through to "Technical" and they don't know what an IPS tag is...

rdowns
Grafter

30 Minutes to get through to "Technical" and they don't know what an IPS tag is...

So - Short version, for a large client of mine - user name h----------

Large client having emails bounced by the PlusNet relay servers from PlusNet IP addresses with authentication enabled

Having to do urgent domain transfers away from PlusNet because of email issues due to not being able to create SPF records as PlusNet don't think anyone needs to be able to create TXT records on hosted domains

(see:  https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/PlusNet-DNS-Configuration-Limitations/m-p/1593581)

30 minutes to get through to "Technical" and spoke to "D-----" to request changes to the IPS Tags...

First reply "I don't think we can do that"

Then "I'll have to ask somebody"

Then "So - you want our IPS Tags?"

Having explained AGAIN that I need the IPS tags on two domains on the account changing urgently, I'm told "We don't do that, we have to put a request in - it will take up to 48 WORKING hours"

I explained again (despite constant interruptions from the CS) that this was urgent and due to issues with PlusNet, DNS and email delivery and the CS obviously had no clue what I was talking about.

I also asked about changing DNS records on the domain and got "I don't know anything about that - It's not something we usually do"

I am genuinely amazed by this atrocious approach to a long standing client with severe issues due to inadequacies in the PlusNet infrastructure.

Not only can we not create the DNS records required to make the service work better - we cannot transfer domains in a reasonable time to address the issue at our own cost.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 30 Minutes to get through to "Technical" and they don't know what an IPS tag is...

Apologies for the experience you've had.

If you can PM me your username, domain name you're wanting to transfer away and the IPSTAG of the new provider I'll be happy to arrange this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rdowns
Grafter

Re: 30 Minutes to get through to "Technical" and they don't know what an IPS tag is...

Hi Gandalf! - thanks for getting back to me...

I spent another 45 minutes holding for a manager to escalate and got someone to do it...

Thanks for responding - much appreciated.

Is there anything else PlusNet need to do to authorise the transfer after changing the IPS tags for the two domains?  1 and 1 can now see the IPS tag change - but are waiting for some response back...

I'm currently 30 minutes into a call with them to get details...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your private message.

I can see the IPSTAGs has been changed. You'll need to ask the new provider to change the nameservers accordingly for your domain names to now work.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet