cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 month wait, engineer no show , poor service

Johnekent

3 month wait, engineer no show , poor service

So it's my first post on the forums and not a positive one unfortunately, I signed up early January for the fibre and phone pack for an activation the 22nd of that month, the engineer never turned up, a second appointment was made for the following month again no show, after weeks of no call backs and emails being left unanswered I got a new date for the 9th April and guess what, yep no show again.
So it's now 3 months since my internet was supposed to be changed over and I'm still waiting! Terrible service and im wishing I'd never swapped now, so come on plusnet what are you going to do to remedy this?!
16 REPLIES 16
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: 3 month wait, engineer no show , poor service

Hi John,
Welcome to the forums, so sad to hear of your extended tribulations.
Your particular circumstances will need explanation from PlusNet's CRT staff.  However sadly BT Openreach (PlusNet's suppliers) are the only people who "touch" phone lines and the broadband services which PlusNet retail.  They take a contract with you and ask BT Open reach (BTOR) to make it happen.  BTOR failure to attend is legion and in some areas is a repetitive event, especially where the engineering service is delivered by sub-contractors.  One area of Scotland is being backfilled by 9 BT engineers from London.
What general area are you in?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

Was this a FTTC migration from another provider?
Johnekent

Hi again, I'm near colchester and I see plenty of open reach vans go past as our exchange is pretty close. We are switching from Virgin broadband and phone to the plusnet fibre service, due to the length of time I've had to request 4 different Mac codes as each has expired after the scheduled engineer visit.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

John,
So we are talking about a new BT line... Of recent times there have been a number of issues in some areas where there are no free working pairs between the local cabinet and the exchange.  There has been one guy waiting 5 months for BT to find an available circuit.  If I recall correctly there was one guy in a village where all of the e-side circuits (cabinet to exchange) were occupied or FUBUR.  After months of BT delays and job passing, after a survey he got an install estimate of £17k - seemed like BTOR were expecting him to pay for the whole of the cable between the village and the exchange.
Seen 3 or 4 similar causes of delays in the last 6 weeks or so.  As I said, one of the CRT guys will give chapter and verse sometime tomorrow (hopefully).  Note if they refer to a ticket, see the link in my sig below.  Will not bore you with that story just now.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If he's been requesting MAC codes he can't be on Virgin fibre!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
StuartUK35
Grafter

I feel the pain...
I'm still waiting (2 months now), and I am city location, new development site (well, cab has been in place for over 5 years).....
Not enough capacity, so no tele line for us...
Problem:  100 houses, BT only made available 80 connections.  Sounds the norm for such an incompetent business.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I think you are saying:    BT installed a cabinet some time ago and didn't provide enough lines for a later housing development (that probably wasn't planned at that time? ).
Is that 80 connections were spare, so 20 houses are unable to be connected?
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.
I'm looking into this for you and I'll see what we can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnekent

Please do, come the end of the month my current provider is cutting my service.
dick:quote
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you currently using Virgin Cable broadband or their old National product (ADSL)?  If the latter, if the service terminates so will the phone line which will cause an issue with your new order, 
If, as I suspect, you're moving from Cable broadband then your new (pending) FTTC connection and your current broadband are completely independent and there's nothing to stop you having both, so you may be able to delay the termination date?  Also, if you are moving from cable, MACs are irrelevant by the way...  If you intention is to try and keep your current Virgin phone number, it is also important that the current service isn't terminated.
Johnekent

It's the adsl we have currently, we were switched to talk talk just after the second engineer date due to Virgin no longer dealing with uncabled areas. Each time an engineer was arranged plus net were made aware of the pending swap but was told it was fine and would not affect this changeover.
This third missed appointment was made a bout a month after we were forced over to talk talk, as such the new mac we had was from talk talk so this should have been the end of it, assuming that was causing any problems.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From looking at your account the current order is due for Wednesday AM.
We can't speed this up as it's a migration but if you need the date changing let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnekent

Ok so the fibre was set up on the 22nd April but the issue I have now is our calls are still being charged through talk talk, I thought this was being swapped over as part of the package as it was selected. Can someone please look into this and get back to me as I should be paying £5 for the calls via plusnet but instead being charged an extra £15 by talk talk?!
To add, have contacted talk talk and they said only the Internet was migrated as its all plus net requested, also the line rental is still being paid to bt.
Estragon
Rising Star

Is your final BT a typo?